What quilt shows would you recommend? - International Competitions

I want to branch out and send my quilts to some new places but I only really know the UK shows so I am after some advice. What shows would you recommend for me to send my quilts to? I am happy to ship anywhere in the world and I am sure there are a lot of great shows out there. I have three areas I feel I really should make more effort with,

1. [*]Europe

[*]Machine quilting

[*]Garments

[/list=1]

I now have two show garments I would love to have seen more places but I don't know what shows might be interested or able to display them. It's the armour and the dress I am looking to show, the coat is intended to be a working garment.

You ladies cover the globe pretty well, any suggestions? The more information you can provide to track down the entry forms the better, it seems some shows are trying it hide :)

Thanks

Ferret

Road 2 Ca I won't be entering again, my quilt came back very unhappy and the show were utterly unconcerned. Houston, I think I have missed the deadline for this year, but I will be entering next year.

Birgit, you are an absolute star, thank you so much for the list.

I will chase up the Carrefour one too.I know one of the French shows has the clause we can do anything we like with your quilt for 6 months after the show. I suspect it is a translation error but it's not something I am prepared to sign.

You guys are great.

Ferret

I am getting my suitcase ready for the Carrefour, so will look into the rules for the show, and ask around for what'is happening in france for shows. I know there is one in Nantes in the spring, there is also l'amour de fil in Paris, will find the sites and send them on. Also Siges in Spain, very nice small show, but getting bigger every year. I am always very pleased to say the VERMONT QUILT FESTIVAL, very nice show in Essex Junction very new englander!

Suzan

Archived