Digital Tablet Questions

Hi, I am thinking I want a tablet. I have been speaking at guilds and doing workshops and now that I have a projector I was thinking a tablet might be just the ticket. So I have a few questions for anyone who may know.

1. If you have one, what did you buy and why?

2. Do I have to have Corel or Photoshop, or can I just use Microsoft Office Paint?

3. Do you know if I have to hook through the laptop, or can I go from the tablet direct to the projector?

Thanks so much in advance for any thoughts. I am out big bucks on the projector, and I think a tablet would be just the thing to make the presentations slick........

Hi Caron,

I'm using a tablet for more than 13 years now and I love it. When I bought my last one four or five years ago I again choose a Wacom tablet. In my opinion they are the best.

to your second question: no, you don't need a special programm. Normally you can use your tablet with any usual programm.

Your third question is interesting. I don't know wether you can use a tablet directly with a projector. Never tried it. I think there must be a software somewhere .... don't know how I should describe it in english. ähmmm I think there must be the software in the tablet or the beamer which can convert your movements on the tablet in something the projector can show ... I don't know if there is a possibility to do this without a computer between tablet and projector. I'm very curious to hear from other members here :)

Btw did you ever think about an interactive whiteboard?

I have the 9x12 wacom and I just love it. It me some I time to get used to but now I can barely use a mouse. lol

I love mine. Good luck with your decision. As far as the projector I'm sure you have to go thru the computer.

HP has a touch screen laptop that flips and is like holding a tablet. that could also be what you are looking far serving more than one duty. somthing to check out anyway.

Hugs,

Grammie

I bought the HP Touchsmart tm2 tablet in January of this year since I was in the market for a new laptop anyway. It is absolutely wonderful!! Drawing on the screen with the pen is 10X better than using a Wacom tablet. The only downside of it is that you cannot have an internal CD/DVD drive. It must be external. This keeps the tablet size and weight down. It hasn't been a big deal for me as it's only a second to plug in the external drive when I need it.

Archived