Malfunctioning Horizontal channel lock after Bliss was installed

Has anyone had any problems with the horizontal channel lock after installing Bliss?

My Vertical channel lock works perfectly but when I apply the Horizontal channel lock it doesn't work and makes a strange ratcheting sound????

Any advice would be appreciated. I am going to send an email off to my APQS rep and ask her as well.

Thanks,

Lisa :(

I, boo- hoo, do not have the Bliss as of yet, but having the channel locks on my Mille it sounds like the bar is not engaging the geared wheel fully, IE, (the ratcheting noise). Try and see if you can adjust it to fit in the lock position better or see what Amy's up too. Take Care--Dave B.

Lisa,

I will have a replacement sent out to you right away.

As a side note to all Bliss owners who used channel locks with their older table set up, the new Bliss Drive System locks operate a bit differently and may require a little getting used to if you were accustomed to rigid locks. Since the technology uses steel ball bearings on steel rods, it is important that the bearings are not "hard locked" which would cause them to slide on the steel rod--creating a flat spot on the bearing.

Instead the Bliss system uses "soft lock" technology, which provides "resistance" against the machine moving in one direction or the other but not an absolute "firm" lock to avoid premature wear on the bearings or rod.

Thanks for your support of APQS everyone, and for your patience as we work through the kinks.

Archived