Anyone have any ideas for a border?????

Well, I am stumped. This one just is not talking to me when it comes to the borders...my customer wants geometric quilting but I am not sure what to do in the borders. This is hand pieced so some of the seams are not perfectly straight so I am thinking something that does not accentuate the blocks....does this make sense? Something geometric but flowing at the same time....

any ideas would be most welcome!...

2172448990104810669S425x425Q85.jpg

2273018060104810669S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks!

Vicki,

Yes, channeling is the same as bead board or piano keys. What you could do is have channeling coming out on all sides of the block borders, and then do Heidi's triangle idea in the corners between each block. Or stipple every other channel down, too. Just some thoughts! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

Heidi..........is the rope design in your outer border a stencil, panto, design board? I love that look and have the rope design on my wish list from R & S !

I got my long arm for the front yesterday, so now I am anxious to try it out. :P

Linda that is a cable stencil that I've had for a while. I love my stencils! I think there is an R&S cable board and I think I have that too :P:P:P.

Archived