Looking for a lost quilt, do (did) you know Irene Kuhn?

Hi, I got this on the NILAG group I belong to. Are you anywhere near Cambria Wis? Do you have Irene's quilt? Please let me know if you know anything about this........

> Hi everyone! I am posting this in hopes someone may be able to help. A woman called me saying her mom died last Dec.shortly after giving a quilt top to a longarmer. The family has no idea who this person is or how to find it. They are calling quilters that shops have numbers for. The woman lived in Cambria Wisconsin. I know that is far for us but I thought maybe someone in this group knew of a site for machine quilters in Wis. that I can post this plea on. I have posted to my Statler groups,one of which includes the Wis. area. I doubt it is one of us but her name was Irene Kuhn and the quilt was made of mostly black fabric. If you can give me any other ideas of places to post on the internet to help find the longarmer let me know.

I received a call about a month ago - I had given them a few more names and had hoped they found the quilt. There are alot of quilters in the area and some do not advertise, as they do it only part time and have select customers - hope they find it. Will keep this in mind - we are only 5 miles from Cambria. I know the family is wanting this quilt. Irene was hit by a car while getting her mail on a rural road - very tragic.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived