Simply Quick Table Runner - EDITED DIRECTIONS & SYLVIA'S CLASS NOTES

Originally posted by Beachside Quilter

I just have a 20-year old son; I have kidded him for years that "all this will be yours one day...the Spode, the Franciscan, and the quilting/sewing machines/fabric collections, etc." He's NOT impressed!

Ha!! :P I'd bet he will quickly become impressed after you've shown him a list of their values and how much they are insured for as a group of collected machines. When is Antique's Road Show coming to your area? Maybe you can bring the lot in and be on TV!:cool:

PS Don't pay attention to Darlene... she is sucking up! :P

Vickie - very nice collection of machines - love the artwork on the boxes too!! And the table runner is too cute as well - good idea to double side it for a different holiday - smart thinking.

thanks for the directions - makes perfect sense. You could run an online class someday with this. Then we could all take photos of our different projects and post them! Love to see the same pattern worked in different colorways and such. :cool::cool:

Thanks for posting the photos - lucky you to have such a helpful and talented man too! ;)

Vicki, you sweet girl, I did this top in less than one hour! I will quilt it out Tuesday!!!! What great Chrsitmas or birthday gifts! You are a doll for posting directions!!!!:P This table "arrangement" may look strange! It is! This is my foyer. I am teaching classes here and the foyer is where I set it up! Yipes, what a mess huh?

post--13461905085453_thumb.jpg

I have a light yellow I am going to use for the backing and some left over batting. I am teaching beginning quilting here at home to some young girls in their 20s and early 30s and we finished one quilt top and they wanted to do something quick (it won't be as quick for them, ha) before Christmas that they could give as a gift. I decided to let them do this runner (thanks so much for posting it). This is going to be my sample. I will quilt it out on the DSM so as to show them how to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Vickie!

Just wanted t say a big "thank you"for the table runner instructions.

I made a Christmas one today & although it's a bit rough it looks ok.

I couldn't figure out how to load it on my machine (might need those instructions) so I quilted it SID on my DM.

It has certainly brightened the table!

:)

Jenny:

I have small "false leaders" that I pinned to each of the points on the long sides of the runner. Then I carefully (whew!) stitched the panto. It bounced around a bit and I ran off the side a couple of times, but it turned out okay. I wanted to take it to the guild meeting so only had a few minutes to quilt it and also the "holly" panto I used went with the fabrics very well. Working from the front would probably be easier. I was also thinking you could quilt the pieced top only with a big piece of batting, quilt the bottom separately the same way (thin batting, or maybe fusible batting) and then sandwich the two sides together, and top-stitch the edge after you turn it.

So glad you enjoyed the pattern! Post pictures when you can!

Archived