Charity Crib Quilt

Linnea, Anya, LOL! No, really, the pieces were all cut; all I did was sew. It would have been done at the guild, but they didn't have border fabric so I took it home, then decided, what the heck...I'll go ahead and quilt it. They shoved the backing and binding at me so I didn't have any excuse to not do it.

Our guild luncheon is Saturday, so will turn it in then. Really easy/peasy, I promise!

Great job, Vickie and very nice feathers! Use that quilt as incentive to get other members of the guild to make one. Everyone can give up one day, can't they? I'm taking over as community quilts chair for my guild for next year and I'm hoping to get more participation from our membership to make quilts. Wish me luck!

Lots of luck, Carmen. I am sending you a U2U. The person at our guild is a star at finding easy patterns for folks to do quickly. She said our November charity day was the most productive ever. She had made up several quilt kits that were ready for us to get sewing and other members were busy cutting and assembling more kits for members to take home. They even have batting and backing ready to lay out and baste for those that want to turn "inside out". I try to give back every opportunity that I can, and yes, one day a month is a small amount to give.

Blessings to you to be a leader, I just like to be a worker bee!!

Thanks, Stevie, Carol and Judy. It's all in the patten, Judy. Trust me, I am not fast. I tend to be slow and methodical, matching up every seam and pin and press, press, press. Everyone laughs at me for it, but it is the way I was taught. I love when an easy pattern comes along that can be banged out so quickly! Dell has been helping me with my feathers, so I did an all-over feather and was surprised at how fast it went! Love my new Bliss rails, BTW!

Originally posted by Beachside Quilter

Thanks, Stevie, Carol and Judy. It's all in the patten, Judy. Trust me, I am not fast. I tend to be slow and methodical, matching up every seam and pin and press, press, press. Everyone laughs at me for it, but it is the way I was taught. I love when an easy pattern comes along that can be banged out so quickly! Dell has been helping me with my feathers, so I did an all-over feather and was surprised at how fast it went! Love my new Bliss rails, BTW!

Don't you mean student helping student!!!!

Archived