Moxies change in plans for meeting in January

I received a really cool gift for christmas this year it is a class from my husband for learning how to digitize really cool stuff using the margins bernina. Unfortunately it is on january 7 and 8. So I have to cancel the moxie meeting for that day. could we move it to sunday or the26?

what do you think?

Jim could you email this for me so everyone gets the

Message?

Thanks

Brendalee

merry christmas everyone

I don't think I'm the only Moxie who didn't see this change of date notice. I will be coming down to Portland/Salem and Vancouver anyway - too many customer appointments scheduled to change the trip.

What's the plan, Moxies? Change the date? Change the venue? Need to decide NOW, so we can get our calendars straight.

BTW, Brendalee, the 26th is a Wednesday???:o

I like that idea, Barb!

Who has some thoughts on where to meet?

I know there is an Old Chicago Pizza (?) micro-brew near Fabric Depot. That would be a "two-birds" thing for me!!

Let me know if that is an option.

I also have visited Claim Jumper on Boone's Ferry exit--south of Portland for those coming up I-5. It was very nice. I think it is large enough that they can accommodate a big party right in the main area without impacting the rest of the customers--not that we get loud or laugh a lot or anything!

If we can't manage this, I'm still coming down to visit anyone who can stand me!!:P

Oooo, I like the idea of something close to Fabric Depot!!!;) Linda, do you know if Old Chicago Pizza has a meeting room? If we're going to share "quilts, finished and in progress," it might be better not to be in the main room of a restaurant....

I'll come early and dust for you Pat--if I can remember how!!:P:P:P

That is a great and generous solution--I was going to offer my house, but that 150 mile drive for most of you is dicey with the weather we are having. I want to host in late Spring or summer this year, if possible.

Originally posted by barbm

Oooo, I like the idea of something close to Fabric Depot!!!;) Linda, do you know if Old Chicago Pizza has a meeting room? If we're going to share "quilts, finished and in progress," it might be better not to be in the main room of a restaurant....

I can give them a call, if Pat doesn't host. I'll check online to see what they have. I love their food--great burgers and salads.

Originally posted by ffq-lar

That is a great and generous solution--I was going to offer my house, but that 150 mile drive for most of you is dicey with the weather we are having. I want to host in late Spring or summer this year, if possible.

Linda, 150 miles? That's just pocket change.....;) You don't even WANT to know how many miles I put on my car this year on quilt-related trips!

Oh, Linda B, I totally understand this time of year. I was up in Spokane, over Snoqualime pass to Whidby Island and then down I-5 to Salem, and had snow on and off the whole way. Not fun to drive in. If the weather looks ok, please come cause I know we would all love to have you at the meeting.;)

Archived