Should I rip, or offer a discount?

I really have no idea how I managed to get this crooked border on a perfectly square quilt while I was quilting it today... but I did.

Should I just go ahead and rip the row out, or email the customer with these photos and see if she would prefer I leave it and give her a discount?

It's for a child, so it's not like it's a show quilt... however her work is quite meticulous.

What type of discount would I offer if that's the choice made? My gut says just rip it out, but I'd sure like opinions from you more experienced quilters.

Thanks!

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1870_2.jpg

That's a lot of work to rip out. I'd take it off, send the pictures to the lady, and give her the choice of ripping it out or taking a discount. Figure out how many hours it's going to take you to rip out as opposed to offering a discount. The lady might be happy with the discount. At least it would be her choice.

Oh it's absolutely my mistake, the quilt was perfectly square. I've only quilted 4 passes of it, so it's still on the frame. I'd have to remove 2 passes... probably 4 hours of ripping?

I don't mind offering her a discount, I just don't want to ruin my reputation! Although I think it looks pretty bad, I think Shannon is probably right and it won't even be noticeable when it's washed.

Archived