Anyone in DC or Virginia area?

Hi Kristina,

I am in Fredericksburg (about 50 miles south of Dc and 40 miles north of Richmond. Right now it is overcast and we are expecting an ice storm tonight but the weatherman says it should not start to rain/ice until about 9pm. I have two dtrs flying into Dulles in about 20 mins and am glad they should be home before it comes through... not sure what will happen with flights or weather tomarrow....?

Kristina, you're coming all the way to Virginia to buy a van?

Anyway, sounds like you're going to the DC side of VA. Vickie, is the closest to where you are headed. Our weather changes by the hour. I'm down state in Virginia Beach. It was 45 at 7AM and 33 at 4PM. Today it's back to 40 and they're predicting 71 tomorrow. Can you say pnemonia weather. I'm 4 hours from DC but FEB 24-27 we have one of the biggest quilt shows on the east coast. Maybe you should put your trip off until then and fill the van up for the trip back!!!!! Oh, we also have a butt ton of quilt shops plus you have friends from DC through Richmond and onto VA Beach.:):)

Still trying to close the deal...now the dealer is acting funny. Won't send additional pictures that we asked for. Go figure. Still hoping we get it. There just aren't any deals our way on good 15 extended vans. I can buy a new longarm machine for the price difference..no table, but new machine!

We might try a dealer in utah and see if he wil take my car for a nice trade in and then get into a newer van..otherwise, will sell it outright and probably make more money. Decisions, decisions.

Kristina, we want you to come to VA. There's a great dealship in VA Beach also, called Beach Ford. They sell a lot of commercial vehicles. I'm not sure what you're looking for?

I bet our forum network could help, maybe even find something closer to you? Oh, we do have an airport.

Vicki, glad the storm missed you. My hometown is getting what missed you (Waynesboro, Gettysburg, PA).

Kristina, good luck. If you need any help from this end just yell.

Vicki, please let me know when you'll be at the show!!! We'll have to get together. I can't wait to see your quilt, you'll have to show it to me. I'll probably be at the show Friday throught Sunday. Georgene, Michelle and a few others will be there on Friday, we're doing lunch around 1130 (at the convention center). There's 2 new APQS owners from around the Richmond area coming to the luncheon. Keep in touch.

Thanks connie. Looks like we are going to pass on the rig in va. The travel is what is stopping us now. We are trying to find something closer even though we know it will cost more. We need to get a van soon..so we can build it like we want. Time is of the essence for us. It is rather difficult to move 9 people without taking 2 vehicles!

Archived