Anyone know where I can get a big eye needle for the longarm?

I am wanting to run two threads thru the top needle.

I know that Superior Threads says that a Top Stitch needle has a larger carve out and a larger eye, and that is what I am looking for?

I have played a little but I am worried that when I actually start on the quilt the thread will be breaking all the time.

This is a store sample so I really want it to look great!

Thanks

Brendalee

Brendalee

I haven't tried 2 threads but would be concerned about threading the eye. However, I would try using that wire threader you use on a serger if I had any problems. I would also think the top tension needs to be looser since the overall thread bulk through the tensioner will be thicker. If the tension is loose enough I don't think you should get thread breakage. Also, these needles already have a pretty large 'scarfe' (sp?), that cut out on the back to take the thread as it goes through the fabric.

Let us know how you get on & good luck.

3.0=14, 3.5=16, 4.0=18, 4.5=19.

I always use a 4.0. I think 3.0 is way small!! lol

If you are talking DSM, Schmetz makes a GREAT top stitch needle in sizes from 10 to 18. I have them all and use them a LOT!! I like the Superior ones too, by Organ; but they don't come in as many sizes. I don't think anyway.

I use them in my Bernina Artista 640.

I too thought she was talking about her LA and not the DSM. Brendalee, you can buy needles from any APQS directly or any Sales Rep. I would bet Barb has needles and she is close to you.... you will be able to run two threads through any needle 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5.

Archived