Dream Puff Batting

We're leaving to check out IQ in a few hours but I wanted to ask about a quilt we loaded last nite. The top is one piece of heavier fabric with a seam up the middle. The back is very thin cotton. It is loaded sideways on the frame as we want the curving feather panto to go vertically. It will be a bedspread. First time using Dream Puff (from a roll not packaged). It doesn't have wrinkles in it exactly but it doesn't lay perfectly smooth either. Is this normal?

I'm going to use So Fine in top and in bobbin. What would you suggest for needle size and stitch length. The design is Chevron Feather by Jodi Beamish.

I am just finishing up a quilt with dream puff, and I love it !!! It was slightly wrinkled when I took it out of the pack, but once on the frame I just smoothed it to each side as I moved onto the next section of the quilt, and gave it a light pull to make sure all wrinkles were out. Like I would with any other batting. No wrinkles in the quilt, and it quilts up really nice too.

I just used a 4 needle but I am just using regular quilting cotton on the top, and cotton flannel as the backing. It has worked fine. I have been using isacord thread.

Have fun, your feathers sound really nice.

It doesn't have wrinkles in it exactly but it doesn't lay perfectly smooth either. Is this normal?

I don't think so. I was going to post about my current roll, but you beat me to it! I have the same problems with thickness in some spots. I just finished a quilt for my granddaughter, using So Fine on top, Bottom Line in bobbin, and it turned out fine. However, I probably won't order the Puff again.

It wasnt thick in any spots on mine, perhaps you got a faulty roll? In fact I have predominantly been using Hobbs polydown off the roll lately, and once I put on the dream puff, wish I had bought more of it. Is is lighter and silky to touch, for a polyester it is nice.

If it werent for shipping costs etc to the UK, I would be buying a roll of it !!!

This was the first piece off the roll and we had just unwrapped the roll. Would that make a difference? It will sit for a few days on the frame while we check out Intelliquilter with Jeannie Schick in Wisconsin. We are going to float it and haven't even basted the first edge to the backing yet. Just lightly pinned to see if it's straight

Hi Janette the price Asding gave me for a 20 yard bolt of Quilters Dream Puff, Mid Loft. 122" wide - £140, that saves £2.95 a yard on their website price.

I have just finished up a bolt of Hobbs polydown,which I like,but between Hobbs and Quilters Dream puff, I find the QD Puff to feel so much silkier and soft. I find the Hobbs quite scratchy.

Umm I think I will place myself and order.:)

Kath & Chris,

Thanks, it had crossed my mind to check out Asdings, how long ago did you get that quote Kath. That is quite alot higher than the Hobbs, but like you said it is so soft and silky. I dont think it is quite as high loft as the hobbs though, and my cupcakes arent quite as trapuntoed looking as I wanted them to be, but that could be that my stipple wasnt as small and close to the cupcakes as I had planned !!!

I love QD Puff. I use a 4.0 needle and mostly use So Fine top & bobbin, or So Fine in bobbin and Glide, Metro, or Rainbows in the top. Love it. It is my 2nd favorite after QD Wool. But, I also love QD Blend and QD 100% cotton. I guess the pattern here is that I prefer QD batts above any others that I have tried.

Archived