Owing q machine

Hello all,

My first time to post. I have to admit, I own a different brand of machine. Anyway, at our County Fair this year, I had my machine there to demonstrate machine quilting and Quilt-EZ templates, which I am a dealer for. I had several ladies ask what a machine costs. When I told them the range of prices and what they can do, the husbands response was "Why would you spend that kind of money on a "sewing machine"(not knowing what they were for)". Well, after several different responses, and them still not understanding the NEED, my husband put it in purspective one evening. He said "What's the difference in me spending money on a quilting machine and him spending money on a four-wheeler or some other kind of toy! Right then I knew he was behind me. Some day I hope to have a more sophisticated machine, but right now my HQ16 and I are great partners.

Barbara

Glad to hear someone else has the same idea. I started out with and old 1920 machine witha long bobbin and DH built me an xy movement on a Hinterberg frame but I had to move the table every time to get to the next part of the quilt. It only had an 8 inch throat. Then I bought the Mega Quilter from Husqvarna with the inspira frame, still only had a 9 inch throat. When APQS sent a flyer about the show in Syracuse NY I talked DH into going. We got there a bit late and the demo was over, but the man showed us the various machines and we bought the Millenium with the 12 foot table. It was delivered in March and I have done several quilts on it but still use the Mega Quilter as well. We had to buy the house next door to put them in. Yesterday I finished putting the zippers on and after several attempts attached a quilt. (I had the zipper on backwards) I have done stitch in the ditch and meandering with the lazer but have not done any free form as yet. I have trouble staying on the lines. Have a lot more practicing to do.

October 7 we will have airing of the quilts in Tunkhannock with a quilt show in the Middle School and I hope to display some of my quilts in front of my daughter's house. She lives right next to the Middle School.

I talked my sister into a HQ16 when she didn't have the room or the money for an APQS.....she only wanted to quilt for herself and her children and grandchildren...and she loves her machine. She couldn't justify anything else so why go the extra when you don't have too. They didn't have HQ16's when I got my machine, if they had I very well would have gotten one...nothing wrong with having something different...we love all machines here.

Boys have their toys and they usually are expensive. Quilters have their toys (quilting machines and fabric) and it is expensive. So in the long run, it all evens out!:)

Happiness is quilting!

Hurrah for husbands who see the light!

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

I bought my Liberty because it was what I wanted!! I didn't have to get anyone's approval and don't need to rely on anyone's support. Of course, I do have to pay all the household bills by myself. Oh well, I guess the trade-off is about the same! ;)

Linda

I got my Bernina Aurora when DH got a new Dodge 1 ton dually for the business. Then when I put in the quilt shop I got a Grace/Janome to get started doing quilts for customers. Well the quilts came in faster than what I could do on the Grace, plus the design element was so limited, DH said if you are going to do a job right you have to have the right equiptment. I realized after 21 years that he really is an intelligent man, at least he was 21 years ago when he married me :D.

I am loving my Milli - Ms Lizzie.

Sheryl

www.shedznbedz.com

Archived