A New Adventure for me

Well, Linda, I had towels there, but did I think to use them???? Why no, not until I got to the kitchen sink where I used a paper towel to wipe my hands some more! I'm sorry but my confessions are just out of hand today!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Patty Jo,

Wishing you only the best in your move.I'm not sure as to the reason as a newbie as not read early post. But I think I can relate.

Little over a year ago my DH retired after more than 40+years.We bought a new home and move 2 hours north.We were overjoyed to the retirement life and loving our new home.Sorry to say it was short term!!Within 6months my DH passed.My life up side down in matter of seconds.I lost my best friend and the joy of my life.

I'm like a fish out of water and not sure what to do next.We also had our other home as we had not put it on the market yet.So now I'm thinking I want to move back there.Now to sale the new home,that won't be easy as the housing market not good these days.

Just need to get resettled and move forward as I know that's what he would have wanted for me,but not so easy.

I bought the millie in hopes I can busy myself as he always wanted me to have the LA.

Wish I could say I was moving and getting resettled but it will take time and planning.

Enjoy your new home and new adventures and I'm sure new friends too.

sewbuddy

Welcome Fran and your story is quite similar to mine. My DH passed away 2 1/2 yrs ago and I'm moving out of the house that we purchased. A very long story, but through it all I know that my Lord has been beside me, helping me to put one step in front of the other. Before my DH passed, the scripture that I have chosen to live by is "the Joy of the Lord will be my strength" and it has really helped me. But it does take time. Time to grieve, Time with good friends to help me make decisions, Time talking to my pastor.....just a lot of time. I'll be praying for you Fran. With Him on your side, you can't go wrong.

Ok, now I'll step out of the pulpit and wish you only the best as you figure out what your next step will be.

Archived