A New Adventure for me

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patty enjoy your new adventure. It is great to see you have your boys helping you.

Maybe you can build a loft in your quilting room.

Thinking of you with all those boxes. I still have some unpacked from 3 years ago. My husband still has some from 23 years ago.....he is a hoarder!

Lyn

What a good idea...all we need is a bedroom or two, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a big quilting studio! Hope you get one in your new house. For the first time in my life I have a nice, big home and I think this is all backwards. I now have 3 bathrooms and two people to use them, and five bedrooms for two full time people, and a nice finished basement for my quilting studio. Silly, isn't it(not the studio part)? More to clean and store junk in! You are making a good move. I wish you all the best! God Bless!!

Good luck my dear Lady! I made that move 15 yrs ago. Left with very little, except with family eirlooms. I'm ashamed of myself as I look at all I've accumulated since. This is good thing! Take your time and savor every moment. The excitement and the saddness. And rely on your family and friends here on the forum. Best wishes on a successful transition! (((((HUGS))))

Sheryl

I hope you can have someone with you when you leave your old house for the last time. I left my farmhouse after almost 20 years there and was bringing the last load so was all alone. It was pretty hard to turn off the lights for the last time, especially to the kids rooms where they had spent their growing up years. Oh, now I'm gonna cry.:(:(

But, on the brighter side, you have many new wonderful memories to make in your new home!:) May God bless you and be with you through this new adventure, Patty Jo.

thanks all - I'm not sure that I'm going to be ready for the movers, so I may be postponing the move day until next Monday....still thinking about that......my fingers are almost bloody stumps and so tender that it is hard to do much at all. I'm going to get some thick lotion on them pretty quick. Which reminds me to not go into the bathroom, close the door do my business, wash my hands and then put lotion on. I couldn't grip the door knob to get out, so I was in there for an extra 10 min trying to rub it all in! :D:P:D See I do learn from my experiences And, I can tell my own jokes and laugh at them without anyone here! I think I'm a bon-a-fide goof ball. ;):cool::P

Originally posted by PattyJo Which reminds me to not go into the bathroom, close the door do my business, wash my hands and then put lotion on. I couldn't grip the door knob to get out, so I was in there for an extra 10 min trying to rub it all in! :D:P:D See I do learn from my experiences And, I can tell my own jokes and laugh at them without anyone here! I think I'm a bon-a-fide goof ball. ;):cool::P

You are my absolute favorite goof ball!:P Great story!

You will deal with this transition with grace and humor as usual, dear friend. A lot of work and memories to go through, but worth it when you are settled and back to a routine. Love you--Linda

thanks all - And I did postpone my moving day until next Monday.....now I can breath and not be in such a rush. Went over to the new place and checked on the new carpet and laminate flooring that they put down - - beautiful. And it is so nice to have new carpet in the bedrooms, and a hard surface will be under my Millie when I get her set up. ;)

Guest Linda S

LOL Pat - you've gotta stock the bathroom with a couple of hand towels! That way, when you've got too much lotion on, you can use one to get you out of there!

Archived