Re: Lady who complained online

I've gotten over the crying part and on to finishing the quilt. As soon as I figure out how to do it I'll post pictures.

I could tell after what was done on IQ more quilting was required to finish off the quilt. She doesn't deserve the time I'm spending on it and I'm definitely not making $$$. But I opted for stitch in ditch because I didn't see any design ideas that wouldn't take away from the crosses and stars she wanted on it and the skull fabrics in it didn't lend themselves to loops, swirls or feathers.

Here's my question...I didn't have clear thread nor permission from her to use it anyway. I went with a fine black on top and the same grey on back. Most of the fabrics are black or dark so the black thread blends or looks like shadow. But there are a few lighter grays and the stitching isn't perfect. I bought the fabric paint pens in all the colors from Jessica Schick. Would you try to paint the spots where it shows on the light gray or say that's good enough and leave it alone?

I'm still angry about the whole deal but like my dear SIL and cheerleader said "At least when it leaves the frame you'll know you did your best." :mad:

By the way when you've quilted a lot more than I have can you SID perfect???

SID takes time and keeping it exactly in the ditch is tough unless the quilt is perfectly square and straight. I usually unpick if I go out of the ditch, although I'm working on a quilt right now that is giving me fits. I think once it is off the frame it will all be good. If the customer is giving you fits already I don't know that I would put a pen to it unless you are certain it will really hide the problem. I would highly recomend DeLoa's Little One ruler for SID work. It sure helps a lot.

Guest Linda S

Cheryl - I'd let it go. Chances are, once she washes it, any pokies will not show any more. After the beating you took before she even saw the quilt, I'd be done with it.

Thanks Linda, I took out one part that was on an especially light section of gray with cream beside it. The black was too stark there and everything showed. I will redo in the light gray. Then just watch for any other spots that are really light like that and switch top threads again.

I tried to post pics of this thing but no success.

Let it rest for a day & then come back to it. If you can still find the areas that you are wondering about then consider doing something with them. Sometimes we are just too close to our work and we see every little thing. There has been many times that I've unzipped a quilt & put it on the cutting table & let it sit there overnight, then came back to it & either any mistakes werent' bad enough for me to find again or I have gnomes correcting things overnight. Either one is fine with me.

:P:P Jessica! I like the gnomes idea!

Let it go Cheryl, and don't forget; your eyes were probably about 4 inches from the stitching!! Don't be so hard on yourself!

I'd die for an IQ!! Well..............not really, but I'd LOVE one! Right now? I can't even afford to pay attention!

Guest Linda S

Yep! I have quilting faeries who visit my studio at night, especially after I've done a bunch of free-hand ribbon candy. I think it looks totally awful, but I leave it overnight, and when I come back the next morning, the faeries have sprinkled their magic dust on it and it's perfect! I really don't know how that happens, but it does. I guess I'm blessed!

Yep, I'm with you!!! I see every mistake and worry myself to death. :mad: My DH looks at the quilt as I'm mumbling, and says "what mistake" look at it in the morning:o You know, he's actually right for a change, I normally can't find it again.:cool:

Archived