timing ? ISSUE FIXED

I'm having trouble with stitches so I did some research here. I tightened up the encoders but am still have skipped stitched (holes in material). I took the top plate off to see how the hook was meeting the needle (new needle) there was a space, no contact at all, now I'm thinking it's a timing issue.

The concern I have is I really don't remember doing anything to throw the timing, the other thing is I can grab the bobbin assembly unit or the little post the bobbin case goes into and move the unit a small amount when I do this I then have the touching on the needle we should have. I checked the 3 screws on the unit and also the one on the black collar that is in the back all of them are tight.

My question is--Do I start loosening screws or do I have something else going on.

Sorry this is so long just want to do it right the first time.

ISSUE FIXED

Called APQS this morning and issue fixed. Got to talk with Mark, went over a few things and he determined the black collar behind the hook assembly unit needed to be readjusted (even though all the screws were tight some areas still get wear and this is one of those ares). He sent me a e-mail on how to do this and within 5 to 10 minutes I had it fixed. Love the easy fixes :)

Thanks again for all the help.

post--13461905805116_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mark & Caroline for your replies. I'll try another needle but I can actually see the whole thing move I'm thinkinging it might be the shaft that's why I checked the screw in the collar also. I'll look at it again and probley call APQS in a day or so.

It is sounding very similar to my issue. There is another collar behind the hook called the neck collar? It might be loose. For me, it ended up being a loose screw on the inside of the gear box.

My recommendation is to take it very carefully and call APQS! When I tried to adjust mine, I ended up loosening that screw in the gear box even more.

There shouldn't be play in the hook. You shouldn't be able to move it back and forth on the shaft. There are instructions on how to tighten this in our manual, but Amy can walk you right through this. The hook does graze the scarf of the needle as it passes. It's all an easy fix! I had to do this myself on my own machine a few months ago. Can't complain, I run her hard and long! And she's been working for over 6 years.

Caroline, did you have to take the head off to get into the gear box? (no, would be the correct answer here. LOL)

Merry Jo, there is nothing loose, that was where I started but I really think it's in the shaft. I have a day off tomorrow (Wed.) so I think I'll call APQS.

Heidi, I'll take it one screw at a time, just so surprised there is not one loose one (maybe in my head but not on the machine!! LOL).

Thanks for the replies. I'll let you know what we find.

The gear box is underneath - a big job because you have to take the machine off the frame. Don't start this process until you've gone through all other options and spoken to APQS.

As Merry Jo said, the shaft should not move back and forth. There is a collar adjustment (not the hook assembly, but the collar behind it) that the APQS service team might recommend. Again - talk to APQS first. They are great and will guide you through what to look for.

Let us know what comes of your call tomorrow.

Archived