HANDS

To PrincessStruck.......hands....100% lanolin.........we use to use this on our nipples before breast feeding, kept us from drying and cracking...lol, seems funny but it worked. My husband even uses it in the winter months when he's trapping those furry animals..has his hands in that very cold...sometimes icy cold water. thanks, rhe' :D

• 1 month later...

SO SOFT NATURALS, BODY LOTION BAR

You gotta try this lotion bar.

My hands were the worst. Dry, cracked, and looked horrible. I've tried everything you can imagine. Nothing with any results. Then I found these lotion bars at a local craft show.

They look like a bar of soap. When you hold them in your hands, the warmth of your hands slightly melts the bar and you rub the lotion into your hands.

The results are amazing. I have my hands back.

They are made of Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Mowrah Butter, Apricot Kernel Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Vitamin E. They come scented or not.

They are made locally in Colorado. You can contact them Via E-mail at sosoftnaturals@hotmail.com

Drop them a line for more information.

Laura Farnham

"Out-Back Quilting"

Colorado Springs, Co

Green Millenium

In another lifetime I was a hairdresser/cosmetologist. Wanna talk dry hands??

The product that has always been a GOTO in the industry is: GLYSOLID Glycerin Cream. I have terrible cracks, especially in the winter if I don't use this!! (Yes, it's easy to just forget about it til the cracks start...) It heals cracks in a matter of days and keeps hands soft. I also like the MaryKay product, but nothing works for the long haul like GLYSOLID.

Many of the other products mentioned are also good, but I've tried them all!! Always go back to this one.

You mentioned using glycerin at one time. I get mine at Walgreens Pharmacy. It's in a brown plastic bottle over with the lotions and things. Sometimes they have one that is glycerin & rosewater that is in a clear bottle. I handle lots of paper work everyday and also havae rhuematoid arthritis and my right hand doesn't work very well for gripping anymore. I keep an "Aqua Ball" on my desk that I got through the office supply at work. It's supposed to have water in it for sealing envelopes but I put glycerin in it and just run my fingers over the ball and get a little glycerin on thema dn then rub it into both hands. I don't know what I would do without it! It helps me grip the stair rails, the steering wheel, papers and fabric, needles, everything! And it doesn't stain fabric or anything else! 'Tis a wonderful thingy!

I use something called Grampa Gillmans..........its bee's wax and olive oil and will not transfer to the fabric......works wonders all dry skin.

Tish

Originally posted by PRINCESSTUCK

My hands are so dry! I know when I used to work in a sewing plant I bought glyrcin and it helped with my hands can you still get it at the drug store? Does anyone's else's hand get dry and cracked and if so what do you use that will help? Also my day job I am in water a lot and I know that does not help matters none but I will try anything. :D

Linda,

Yes, I understand completely about the supplements. I think my father killed himself taking handfuls every day. I take very few and good quality. Vitamin E is wonderful for so many things, BUT in moderation, of course. And only the NATURAL Vitamin E.

Just a note from reading Kevin Kudreau's (?) book (which I thought got absurd before I finished it): Anything you put on your skin goes INTO your body and bloodstream. If you can't EAT the product, then you should not be putting it on your skin. That's frightening, isn't it?

According to his book though, the only kind of water you can drink is distilled. Just about everything else in the whole world was bad for you too and was only out there for some company to get rich on. He just happened to have a website you could go to in order to purchase all the cures, however. I quit reading at that point.

Hugs, Joy

I think you can get Bag Balm and Udder Cream at most farm supply stores. I bought a tube of Udder Cream for a friend/co-worker once. She told me she was crowned the "Dairy Princess" at her county fair in Kansas when she was a teenager...I thought Udder Cream would be appropriate for her birthday. It went over well, and she kept it on her desk. It is very good hand cream.

Archived