see through Side covers

Dave. I cant believe the amount of thread I found wrapped around Lennilou when I opened her up to put on the clear side plate!!! I had no idea!!! I am sure my Lennilou thanks you as I was pulling her tightly by the throat with a wad of thread and didnt even know it. Best thing I ever did was put on the clear view!!! love them!!

If you have the flywheel cover, do you need the clear side cover? Can thread still get in there?

I clean it out once a year like the manual says and so far so good...no thread has gotten stuck in there...yet with the FW cover. Love the idea, but...I might watch the insides rather than the hopping foot, knowing me.

Yes the thread can enter via the up and down arm slot next to the flywheel cover. It doesn't happen very often as you can catch it most of the time. Usually when you leave the machine unattended for a few seconds while the computer is running a pattern is when it happens. That's usually when any thing that can go wrong does! LOL.

Please don't forget Kristina--the inventor!!!!!! I just makes um! LOL again--Dave. You should also thank Zeke for finding a less expensive place to buy the acrylic for me. Kind of a team effort ya know!!

The sideview covers help at sales demonstrations to show the quality of the parts and also help to see when maintenance is needed and you can see the hopping foot adjustment screw a lot better to adjust it. You have to determine if you would like any of the pluses as I used the metal covers for years and they work very well. The sideviews just add a little convenience to your sewing pleasure. I have thanked my lucky stars for a thread dilemma I had using the example above though, so I keep em on.

Archived