Sylvia-Did you get blown away?

I am fine and so are all my family members! Thank you for asking. It was awful all around us but hardly even rained here. Clinton, MS near MS College is really damaged and Leakesville, I just heard is destroyed and I heard Lumberton was really messes up. A warning here said a tornado was only about 2 miles from me but we only got really high winds. It is hard to hide from storms! (Wish we had a basement).

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

I am fine and so are all my family members! Thank you for asking. It was awful all around us but hardly even rained here. Clinton, MS near MS College is really damaged and Leakesville, I just heard is destroyed and I heard Lumberton was really messes up. A warning here said a tornado was only about 2 miles from me but we only got really high winds. It is hard to hide from storms! (Wish we had a basement).

Sylvia, are you saying Mississippi College had bad damage. That's where I went to school! I hope it wasn't MC!!!!

Dell, I have a close relative who lives in Clinton. Her husband was in a meeting on campus and they rushed them into a basement. He was able to see the trash floating around and such. I think he said he saw it hit the bank there. I think that several buildings on MCs campus lost some windows. They were saying that the tornado rambled along and then made a slight turn so it could blow away a trailor park. (I think those things must be a bit magnetic since they love metal buildings and trailor parks.) Here is a link to some pictures.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20110416/NEWS/110416002/Clinton-Jackson-begin-clean-up-from-fierce-storm?odyssey=mod|defcon|text|Home

Sheryl, you are just a nut if you want to chase after naders! I saw several growing up and woohoo they scared me silly! I don't know about you, girl!

Guest Linda S

Oh man! If I lived in that area of the country, I'd be digging a storm shelter. I can't imagine how you folks deal with that weather. Of course, we have earthquakes and volcanos, so I guess we all have our hazards.

My bath tub is so big until I can't bathe in it and it is under a mass of windows. Now, we didn't build this house but who would put windows all around their tub on purpose? I have to get in the closet with the dogs. One day I had to stay in the closet most all day. I went to sleep in there and had to have help to get up. I was stiff as a board! I want a storm shelter that has battery back up lights, a nice soft bed, plenty of water, electricity for the radio, chocolate, and of course, quilts!

The year before I went to MC way back when. Candlestick was hit by tornadoes really bad. The next year almost to the day we were on the first floor of our dorm scared to death waiting for the storms to pass. I'm with you for that storm shelter! I also would have a small frig with some wine! maybe a little cheese and crackers to go with the wine!

Yes, Dell, I forgot to include those necessary items!!! I well remember Candlestick! There was an entire family (like 10 people) wipped out near us. All that was left was a small girl and her uncle. Awful. I was still in high school and I remember sitting in biology class and watching a huge piece of tin from a metal building softly falling to the ground beside my window. It fell like a feather. Who knows from where it came!

ROFLMAO!!! Sylvia, You aren't the first person to call me a nut!! There are days my DD want to have me institutionalized! They worry about their crazy Mom. I suppose I could put some of the blame on Brian. He's the one that has no fear and I feel safe with him. My first Hubby was so boring! We were married young and he was an old man at 18. Most days Brian makes me feel like a teenager again. Not always a good thing, but we have fun. We've watched those shows on the Discovery channel and the Weather channel and they fascinate both of us. Not to worry though, just a "someday" dream. Like winning the lottery!!

Sheryl

Archived