piecing question

The size of the pieces depends on the size of the block and in magazines, they tend to keep the blocks rather simple for us to do without to many problems, also depends on the quilting magazines also. when it is a kit, sometimes more intricate, the pieces are many and the sizes maybe smaller than a 10 inch block or 12 inch block. I never really noticed, but will look from now on to see. Also when 3/8 or 7/8 it may be for half square triangles??

I hate the eighth measurements, I hate math. I wish they could include the finished sizes of the pieces instead of the entire block because I bet most of us don't do triangles etc the way the magazine instructs. It would take forever to do those triangles.

Yes I was wondering all these things you girls have brought up because I have made pieced 12 1/2 size blocks from magazines and it was the common size cuts but since I started doing a few kits that have 12 1/2 size finished peiced blocks I noticed this size variation. Just curious about the reason behind it. Thanks for your input.

Archived