Quilting and a healthy lifestyle 6/12 -6/18

Sharon, you are so kind. I'm not up early --just to out of it in the morning to remember what I am looking for!

Yes, I am a Californian--although a new one, having moved here two years ago from New Jersey. Dancing raisin has a double meaning since I am also rather wrinkly. (Do you also remember the pitted prune commercial: Today the pits, tomorrow the wrinkles.)

Good job, everyone! I just finished my one mile morning walk. We will do another this afternoon. Tonight I will either do the killer-uphill-all-the-way-home walk to the mailbox (3.5 miles round trip) OR one of the workout DVDs.

Turns out our local WW chapter doesn't have the lunch meetings any more. They only have one at 7:00 p.m. which is way too late for this get up at 4:30 a.m. girl! So my friend and I have buddied up and we are doing our own weekly weigh ins at work. We trust one another and we will keep each other motivated! Funny thing, this morning we started and we both weigh the exact same weight! And we are both named Lisa! LOL

Too bad your lunchtime meeting is no longer...........we have 2 meetings here in town. One on Monday evenings at 6:30 and one on Tuesday mornings at 10 AM. I do the Tuesday AM one, as I don't like to go out at night - especially in the cold dark winter months. Tuesdays works great for me, as I go to my meeting, visit my Mom until her lunchtime, go get my weekly groceries and come home. I'm all syched up from the WW meeting to shop wisely. :) We have a great group. We talk about lots of things before the meeting - any health issues, trials and tribulations at home, work, etc. Just a great group to share with...........like THIS group ! We all need support and a strong shoulder now and then.

When I got my Lenni, the treadmill lost it's space (not that I used it everyday!!!) . . . so, I just moved the treadmill outside on our covered deck. The weather here has been so miserable the last few months, I figure there is no excuses when the treadmill is undercover. Today, I did 1.4 miles in 1/2 an hour . . . my goal will be to do 3 miles a day - 5 days of the week. I'll keep you posted on the progress!

I didn't workout yesterday and doubt I get to it today. Maddie is coming :-). I guess maybe I'll go for a walk while Maddie rides her bike that will get in a little. I'll also try to take the stairs at work instead of the elevator. It kills me but it is a good workout. I've been eating ok. I still 4 days to fit in my 2 more days of real workouts so I'm not worried! LOL

Good morning all.............I didn't get my workout in yesterday either, but I was on the move a lot and gone all day and part of the evening. I was so tired when I got home. Hopefully, I will get one in today. I did buy 2 new CDs to listen to while I do the Gazelle.......Beach Boys and Elvis ! :) I bought some melons, peaches and apricots at the grocery store yesterday. Produce is near the front of the store and when I walked in the door and could smell the peaches........love fresh peaches. MIGHT actually get some from our tree this year.

A miracle happened last night........we were NOT awakened by severe thunderstorms, lightning, torrential rain or hail AND the sun is shining this morning !!!! It won't last long though. More rain coming tonight and tomorrow. :( The big red/orange/green blob on the radar is just across the border in Nebraska and coming this way. As if the Missouri River needs more water dumped in it.

Have a great day !

What kind of WW snacks do you want? I consider myself an expert on the bars, but I don't do the baked snacks. Too much of a trigger food for me.

The challenge in my meeting this week was tracking for a minimum of 4 days out of the 7. So far, I'm good, but it's only day #2!

I like the Roasted Almond Bars and the Sweet and Salty bars. I don't care for the baked snacks. I like the Vitalicious muffins and muffin tops. I believe they are 3 points. 100 calorie, high in fiber. I've found them in the freezer section of the grocery store and I did place an online order directly to them.

Archived