Quilting and a healthy lifestyle 6/12 -6/18

How did you do on the tracking challenge of last week? I kept saying I would get started and never did. I did do OK on sticking to plan except for when I went to the rodeo with my friends. I agree that the tracking on the WW site is so much easier because it gives you the points values faster and you can save the items that you eat often. So many of us have the same things for breakfast and lunch. Why have to look up the points over and over when we forget.

What is the challenge this week? Tracking for sure, but what other ones should we face up to?

I figure my exercise today is hauling bags of mulch to the back , mowing the grass, and the trips up the stairs to put laundry away. Hopefully it won't rain before I get the outside jobs done. For a reward play with my new QZ while I'm catching up the laundry.

Originally posted by jeri

I figure my exercise today is hauling bags of mulch to the back , mowing the grass, and the trips up the stairs to put laundry away. Hopefully it won't rain before I get the outside jobs done. For a reward play with my new QZ while I'm catching up the laundry.

PERFECT!

Although I lost only .2 pounds last week, I have been faithful about tracking food and I upped the ante with exercise too.

This AM I went to the gym & did a 10 minute warm up on the elliptical, a thorough arm & back workout on the weight machines followed by abs & stairclimber. OK...I lasted less than 2 minutes on the stairmaster but it's 2 minutes better than I've done in years!

I feel downright LAZY reading all what you gals have been or plan to do ! :) I have been doing well with the tracking and I will stick to it the rest of next week, too. My WW weigh-in day is Tuesday, so will be glad to see how I have done. I need to drink more water. Now that the weather is warmer, we all need that hydration. I get busy and forget, but I try. I did fix myself a good breakfast this morning before going to quilt. If I go quilt first, then sometimes, it is 1 or 2 PM before I realize I didn't eat and then I am starving. That's not good !!!! :o

I worked on a quilt this AM using the QZ from the back, so I got a little extra walking in going around that long table to adjust, line up, cut threads, etc. I COULD do most of it from the back, but I am too short to see over the bars well enough, so I just walk around to the front and then back again. :D

Sharni.............thanks again for starting this thread ! It is great and so motivating to read about everyone else and their trials and tribulations with weight loss.........no matter what program or plan used. :):):):):):(:(

I started it because I need the accountability and encouragement for myself. We did more staining on the deck today. Did not get done but put in 2 hours on the rail and bannisters. Up and down - it was like doing squats... easy on the down and hard to do on the up! Now some iced water and see what my friends here have been up to.

I just went back to WW a few weeks ago also. I find the only time WW doesn't work is when I stop working it. LOL I bought some new work pants, when they arrived and I put them on, well you guessed it they were TIGHT :( and I decieded then and there to get this weight back off, there was no way I was sending the pants back for a bigger size!

I do good with the tracking, I know it's all a lost cause if I don't, exercise on the other is my downfall. I'm trying to walk 5 out of 7 days, to try and keep myself motivated I bought some smiley stickers to put on my calendar each day I walk.

I'm always looking for new recipes and found this site the other night, if your doing WW she also has the points for the recipes she post. www.skinnytaste.com

Hope you all have a good Monday.

Originally posted by fabric007

had the 6 month old grandaughter over night on Sat. now that is exercise!!!

That's why we were thin when our kids were little ! No time to sit down, no time to eat and rarely got to eat it while still hot. :P:P:P:P

I gained a lot of weight when my kids were teens.........STRESS and eating on the run with too much fast food. :(

I can't blame my weight on "baby fat" any more, as my "baby" turned 33 last month ! :o

Bringing this thread back to the top. I posted on the other thread earlier.

Terrible storms here last night. Severe lightning, hail, 3-4" of torrential rain. . I won't be going to my WW meeting this morning due to water over the highway ! I could detour around on gravel, but that will be a soggy mess. So, I will stay home today. Weighed in on my scale and have lost !!!! YIPPEE.

Hang in there everyone. WE can do this !!!!

No problem dancing raisin. I don't own it. Haha I like your name- only some us us will remember the dancing raisins on TV. Are you from California?

We need anyone who is up early to get a new post on this subject started, especially when it gets several pages long:D

i-I went to WW today and lost 1.6 pounds. Glad since last week I lost 0. Doing better on tracking too.

OK, OK............I am heading for the Gazelle ! I quilted a lot today and need to work out some kinks and stretch some too.

I did well today on my food, portions, tracking and liquids. Now to add in the exercise........:( Have I mentioned how much I dislike planned exercise ???? :P:P:P:P

I weighed in this morning and I've lost 2.5 lbs this week! Yes!! I've been on the diet since January. I'm getting close to my goal. I've been getting up at 5 a.m. and going to the gym . My goal is to run 3 miles and do resistance training 4 days a week, and ride 20 miles on my bike 2 days a week. I feel so much better since I started this in January.

Keep going you guys, you can do it!! Keep doing a little more each day, and before you know it, you will be at your goal.

So glad that it was caught early and that you survived. Yes it is about being and living healthy!

Great link.

Going to work with three yearling horses on their beginning ground work today so I will be getting my exercise for sure!

Is that on the activity points list?? haha

Archived