6/26 thru 7/2 Quilting and Healthy Lifestyle

I did it! I made it through the quilt show without going off plan. A good breakfast of cereal with milk and fruit then a cup of Java plus taking along protein bars apples and Crystal Light saved the day. Telling you all that I was going to do it (commitment and accountability) motivated me too. I am with you in that the meetings and this thread helps.

Good for you, Sharon! Planning ahead can really save us. My weigh in was yesterday and the scale showed a gain of .2 pounds but I'm not upset. I ate properly all week and exercised too (thanks to this thread) so nothing to feel bad about. Hopefully the numbers will be better next week but I'm feeling great! Now off to walk the dogs. Happy Sunday.

It can get frustrating for us women as so many "things" can flucuate our weight........then, there are the men. We have a couple guys who come to our WW meetings with their wives and they just keep losing week after week and their wives bounce up and down. :)

So far, so good this week. I weigh in on Tuesday morning.

If I could do a cartwheel without hurting myself, I would. I was DOWN 1.6# this week !!!! I am syched up now and bought fresh fruit and "good" things at the store today.

I told our WW leader about this forum and she said she thought it was really helping me to connect with people who had the same interest as me (quilting) and the losing weight too. I think she's right ! So.............

Thank you to everyone for your support.

Yippee, Linda! I'm down 1.5 this week! I am being much more conscious of the food choices I am making. As for exercise, I did the workout DVDs four nights last week. Missed last night but I will make up for it when I get home. I just love feeling good!

Thanks to all for your support.

going on vacation..stoc ked up on water and low cal snacks and fruit...the motel has a ref. and microwave..plus they do the breakfast and they have added oatmeal made up...probably will do a lot of walking...I find vacation keeps you busy and not much munching....

What oreos? Where? I am sure they won't appear again.......:-)

Hurray! I lost 2.4 lbs this past week! I think that you, my friends, are part of my motivation. Keep it up!

Got my wholesale account set up at EE Schenk and then spent over $300. Hope I can start making some of it back but working on Bella Rose is so much fun.

Good for you Heidi. Last night I made the salad featured in the WW meeting flyer. Instead of going to the trouble of cooking rock lobster I used the fake crab.... it is fish. It was so yummy and hubby ate two portions with crackers and was full. So, It was a hit. I can post the recipe if anyone would like it.

I did it!!!!! I did my workout. Don't know that I'll be moving tomorrow but I did it today. I ordered a 10 minute Power workout by Tony Horton. I've done his Power 90 and know that you get results. I figured I could work in 10 minutes. Well I can and I will. It is an unbelievable workout. Hopefully I'll have washboard abs in no time...lol first I have to find them!:P:P:P:P I watched one of the extreme weight loss shows last night and the gal weighed 433 lbs and in 1 year she lost 230 lbs! She called her belly Bertha! LOL If she can do it I can lose this 40!

Well looks like we made it through the week. I'm finally happy to report I had success. Tomorrow really makes a week for my serious watch my calories but as of this morning I lost 5.5 lbs! I'm so excited. I finally feel like I have control of myself and my cravings. This was a tough week on top of that so all the better. It was year end at work and hubby had surgery. I hope I can keep it up. It would be wonderful if it I kept up at this rate but I know that won't happen! LOL That would be too easy and besides I only gain that quickly! My goal for the next week is 2 lbs which is still on the high side but I'm going to shoot for that. How are all of you doing?

Hanging in there..........still BAD with the exercise, but doing well on my food. I've been making fresh fruit smoothies which are very satisfying in this hot, sticky weather. Also get my fruit and milk servings in that way. They are filling too. I use 1 container of WW yogurt, 1/2 c 2% milk and whatever fruit I have on hand.........strawberries are my favorite. Sometimes I throw in a very ripe banana. I freeze the yogurt, so that is the "ice" and I don't have to use regular ice to make it cold and thick.

Got some very sad news yesterday. The husband of a WW friend was killed in a tractor/vehicle accident Friday night. He was driving his antique tractor home from a parade and was rear ended. He just finished a bout with colon cancer and was on the road to recovery. So sad.............he was 71.

Linda,

Good for you for continuing. I've been replacing 1 meal with a shake. This shake is called Shakeology and was included with my dvds for 1 week free sample. I'm thinking I'm going to order it for the time being because I really think that it is what is curving my cravings. It comes in chocolate or green (not sure what that flavor is). I've been making it with a bananna and 1 TBS of peanut butter. It holds me over no problem and is only about 250 calories. I did some research on this product and it has some very high remarks. I originally said no to the shakes because I figured I could just use a protein shake like I normally do but honestly I think it has made a difference. My test will be this week when I'm out of it!

So sorry to hear about your friend. That is so sad.

A big shout out to everyone who has contributed to this thread. After 3 weeks at a 'plateau', I went to my meeting yesterday AM and had lost 1.4 pounds. I'm 5 pounds from my goal and down to the weight I was when I was in my late 20's but then I hated my body and now I am so grateful for it! I'm grateful for all of you too...I think I had conquered the eating part of the plan but this post has motivated me to go to Pilates 3X weekly and to do aerobics on the other days (like this AM). Let's keep it going for each other! Nancy

Oh my vacation was hard on the diet...french fries etc. tommrow I will get the point tracker out and get back to it...the hotel had oatmeal and skim milk and fruit...but going out is so hard...portions are out of contro. One place had a fruit plate with a scoop of cottage cheese..some choices werent too bad,but others yikes...

Please post the lobster receipe thanks

Some resturants put enough on a plate to serve a family of 4 ! :P No wonder the public is so fat........it's sad and scary to see so many overweight people - especially the kids. We think our medical costs are high now??? Wait until all those unhealthy kids start having health problems as adults. :( I plan to take charge of my life and get this extra weight off ASAP.........there are too many other things we cannot control, but weight isn't one of them. :)

Have a great INDEPENDENCE DAY...............independence from being FAT ! :P:P:P

I had been doing really well until last week. All my kids and grandkids were here for the weekend and some for the following week, and we just had too much food around and too many family get-togethers. I was up 1.6# :-( but had lost every week prior to that. Hopefully I'll be down again this week, weigh in is Tuesday. We had a wonderful time with all the kids and little ones around, so I'm thankful for the time we all had together! I appreciate the support from this group-so helpful!! I need encouragement to get my exercise it! Was out gardening for a couple hours today--and I can already tell from my sore muscles when I move that it was indeed exercise!!

Archived