pinwheels and Monkeys quilt with closeup on bottom post

I just finished quilting a quilt for a friend with embroidery blocks that had monkeys and palm trees and some other jungle animals. They are taking the quilt to Texas to their grand daughter so it was a rush job to get finished. I did some meandering around the embroidered blocks and sid the blocks and some cc in the pinwheel blocks. I am not sure what the pattern was but some of the pinwheels were handsewn down into the corners of the applique blocks. It made for a difficult sid as the seams didnt line up very well. I did a clamshell design in the black border and bead board on the outside border. For a quick job it came out pretty good, but the quilting doesnt show too well, so i took a picture of the back which is brown to try to show the quilting a little better. My friends seemed to like it alot so that is what matters.

post--13461906819641_thumb.jpg

I took a few with my phone but have had trouble sending to email with phone. I can send a picture as a text message but for some reason it doesnt want to send to email anymore. got to figure out why it used to work well . who knows. quilt is gone now so cant take any more pictures, they helped take it off the frame and are trimming and clipping threads themselves as they are packing tomorrow and leaving saturday. rush, rush, rush!! lol

Heidi

I took off the bottom border like I was telling you and resewed it on the longarm. it was 3 inches longer than it should have been. I left the extra on and they said what is that for. Oh, well that is how much extra you had left over. lol

I told them you cant just start sewing a border and stop when you get to the end because it will always come out wavy so you need to measure next time.

Sylvia

I let them know there was a problem and did they wanted it taken off and they said no just do the best you can, so after trying my best with the steam and starch method I decided to take it off it would be easier in the long run and it was. No big deal I sewed it back on right there in place on the frame. easy peasy!!

Guest Linda S

That's adorable Jeanne. I love pinwheels (stars and pinwheels, that's me!) and the little monkey embroideries are really cute. The quilting looks just right. Very nice.

LOL that is funny! That would have been a lot to try and work in.

Originally posted by IBQLTN2

Heidi

I took off the bottom border like I was telling you and resewed it on the longarm. it was 3 inches longer than it should have been. I left the extra on and they said what is that for. Oh, well that is how much extra you had left over. lol

I told them you cant just start sewing a border and stop when you get to the end because it will always come out wavy so you need to measure next time.

Archived