Getting ready for marathon on Kauai

My daughter just emailed this photo. She is getting ready to do a marathon race on the island of Kauai. It was a girl's weekend out and 6 of them flew over to Kauai yesterday to do this race and have some girl time together. The race starts in half hour. Good luck Jenna! She is the 2nd from right. I had to embroider those shirts and they were really hard because the shirts stretched every which way. Managed to get it done and they look great.

post--13461906887895_thumb.jpg

I used to run. I admire anyone who can even get through the training for a marathon. It is a huge time investment and a lot of pounding on your body. Every time I tried training for one, something on me broke. I just didn't have a marathon in me. I did manage to run two half marathons though. Now I doubt I could even run half a mile!

Best of luck to your daugher and her friends!

They ALL finished and my daughter came in at 2:15. Not bad for working a full time job and a part time job doing 20 hours a week as a teacher for special needs kids. She used to get up early in the morning to run before school started. I couldn't have done that even when I was young, LOL!

Guest Linda S

Wow! That is wonderful. I walked a marathon once . . . hope to do it again some day. I can't run due to spine damage. You should be very proud of your daughter and she should be proud of her accomplishment!

Archived