ouch...has anyone else done this?

I found a new way to hurt myself quilting yesterday. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad, but could have been worse, so I feel compelled to share;)

I crawled under the quilt that's on my Millie to check the stitching underneath. I pushed up a little on the edge of the quilt to see better and down came my Itty Bitty ruler, smack on my forehead.

At the time I was grateful that it wasn't a heavier ruler. Then I thought about it more and decided I was even more grateful that it wasn't my scissors, which I often leave laying on the quilt top when I'm underneath.

So, I have a small bruise and a heightened awareness to keep loose things off the quilt top!!!!

Originally posted by Anne from Guam

It sounds like something that would happen to me, thanks for the warning!

So how about a picture of the quilt you are working on?....

Glad you asked about that quilt....I'm still working on it. You'll see pictures in a few days. I did the leaf trapunto as Linda R suggested and oh what fun that was. It's my first time doing trapunto. I'm sure I cheated. I just cut the rough shape out of wool batting, placed it, and stitched. I did not go back to trim it closely because I'd already done some SID that prevented access. But I think it did the job nicely. You'll see soon!

Archived