New Sewer Anyone near Las Vegas/Henderson?

Hello I'm new on here and always looking for advice. Sure hope there are others here in Las Vegas, Henderson or Boulder City Nevada that want to hang out and sew/quilt!

Anyway I will be posting and asking questions when I need too! So please stop in to say "Hi"!

Like my bio says, I've been sewing since 2/11 and I simply adore it. My first buy in Feb. was a Singer Featherweight, July I purchased my Janome MC6300 and last week I found a brand new Brother Serger 1034D at a super price!

So I have just about everything one needs for quilting and sewing in my studio, including plenty of tables. Well......with the exception that I need more fabric. I just can't seem to have too much! Even though I have already been storing them in boxes in the closet. I see cute fabric's , and I buy, buy, buy!!

OMG! Am I addicted now???? Do I need to go to FA (Fabric's Anonymous) now? LOL............Yea Right!!!!!

Anyway stop in, pull up a chair and grab a cup o joe!!! It's sure to get stringy!

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

Quiltique in Henderson is a great quilt shop for lots of classes and inspiration. You might want to check them out. Welcome.

Hello Sagebrush! Yes it is a great little shop! Been there and took a tabletop quilt class. I thought that they were going to teach long arm free motion but I don't know, I'll have to check with them again.

But since I don't have a long arm at this time it may be kind of pointless unless I can find classes that teach and also rents them out for personal use instore. I'm not giving up yet! Still looking and calling around.

Well I'm in wyoming, but have a friend that has moved to Las Vegas and I still long arm for her. I visit Mesquite once a month and Quiltique is great, we did a shop hop and I got totally lost but we went to 4 shops. If there is not anyplace you can find to take longarm classes or rent time, there is a shop in St. George, ut about 2-2-1/2 hours north on I-15 that I have taken numerous classes at. Even some classes with several ladies from Las Vegas Area. It is called Lets Quilt, they have a website, just google it. There is also a shop in St. George called Scrap Apple that I have taken numerous sewing (quilt) classes at also with several nice ladies from Las Vegas, It is off the Bringham Road Exit, 1st one headed into St. George, in the mall by Walmart. And by the way Superior threads is just behind the Pilot on the other side of the interstate. If you need more information about any of the places send me a U2U and I will let you know. Also if you want to get together or something, let me know and I will let you know when I will be in Mesquite. Las Vegas is only 1 - 1-1/2 hours depending on traffic and we do it occasionally. AFter the last shop hop I probably can't do that again for a while, but I might get lucky on the slots, who knows.

Welcome

Shirley

Hi Shirley! My neighbors, whom just got back right before October are snowbirds. (Are they still being called that?) Half the year they are here from Oct to the end of March and then other half in I think Cheyenne? Wyoming.

I know where Mesquite is, we (hubby and myself) travel through there as well as St George and Cedar City heading for Duck Creek Village to the cabin when we can and get of out the hustle and bustle of Vegas! Slow, quiet, peaceful and the smell of the pine trees, Ahhhh I love it!!!

What is a "Shop Hop"? Never heard of it but it sounds like it might be fun!!! I am going to give Quiltque another call next week to see if they are going to have any LA classes as I really want to learn this beautiful art! If not then I will let you know because I'd love to get together with a group and all of us go up there. I can probably do this in a couple weeks I am in Boulder City Nevada so I can probably do this maybe once every month or couple months. So I completely understand what you mean.

Anyway Have a Marvelous Day!!!

Anita

Archived