Need help to identify this quilt--FINAL pix

I made this top from a drawing I did quite a while ago. I have no information about where it came from or where I saw it. All I remember is that it was a quick pattern that you can make in a day. This one is 106x106 because I used 12.5 inch blocks and pieced in large strips where I could. Half square triangles were made from 13 1/8 inch blocks and the center is one piece 24.5 inches square. I could also use some help deciding how to quilt it. I want to give it as a wedding present next weekend, so I'm waffling between E2E and simple custom.

Any ideas? suggestions would be welcome and muchly appreciated! :)

The colors are hard to imagine I know. The solid is brown, the darker is brown with pumpkins, and the lighter is a beige background with orange pears and fall colored leaves. What about thread? The backing is natural muslin. It's either parchment, brown, or a mixture with orange???

post--13461907167082_thumb.jpg

Boni,

Feather meander thru the lighter area, with triangular feathers in the triangle lighter shapes.

Do something with straight lines in the purple area, and then in the med colored floral, do what I call lacie loops. Here is a pic of loops, but space them out a bit, then go the opposite direction back thru it. (if you get what i mean) The loops at the top will be smaller.

In other words, go all around the design, then start over and loop back thru, so you'll have small loops at opposite ends.

post--134619071672_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by SheriB

lacie loops. space them out a bit, then go the opposite direction back thru it. (if you get what i mean) The loops at the top will be smaller.

In other words, go all around the design, then start over and loop back thru, so you'll have small loops at opposite ends.

I understand what I see, but I'm not understanding the part about starting over and looping back thru...uh, can you 'splain?

Thank you for the ideas. My mind is working...and I'm getting sleepy...I may have to sleep on this one...I'll be checking in tomorrow...zzzzzzz:D

Boni,

I just finished doing a simple overall on a quilt with similar colors using King Tut #983 'Cedars'. For quilting ideas, I think it would be pretty doing large interlocking circles with leaves, acorns, berries, fruit or what-have-you on the solid frame. You could keep it simple and then do a large wreath in the center square with similar leaves, etc.; then meander the rest of the quilt.

post--1346190716801_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Linda S

The pattern is similar to one called Labyrinth. I think it's by Calico Cottage.

You are right! Yeah!

Debbie Maddy, the designer, says:

It is a very beautiful quilt that appeals to a great many quilters. It is especially appealing to men. Men quilters love making it and men in general are drawn to its maze like quality.

Thank you Sandra and Linda. I found it with no problem. I see mine is more simple, but has that Labyrinth look.

And thanks for the suggestions "LadyLake" I'm working on a drawing/doodle.

Boni, you could divide that solid color into half square triangles by drawing the triangle line w/chalk, then do a continuous triangle until you reach the center of the triangle. You will have to start and stop at each triangle design, but it would give the quilt some different dimension while the feathers, etc. would be giving it movement.

Hey you guys, pray for me today. I'm paralyzed by too many options. This quilt has to be done and finished by Saturday. I'm thinking I'll take a picture and put it in a card for the wedding "gift" so I won't panic about getting it done. I'm tempted to finish the binding by machine and I don't want to do that. Eeeeekkkk! If I finish the top today, I'll have time to hand finish. Oh, dear me, how do I get myself into these situations? Here are some elements that will go...those large 12 inch strips are too large for intricate detail. It would take an hour or more to do one pass! So, I'm leaning towards a "pear meander" in the lighter fabric and wrought iron in the solid brown. The medium fabric, pumpkins, may get it's own treatment with pumpkins and vines. I'm working on the center square. I can fit 24 inches in my work space, but it's tight. I may hit the bar---no pun intended. So, I'm breaking up the center into four or five elements.

You ladies have always been so helpful and encouraging. Thank you for the ideas and hand-holding.

post--13461907171274_thumb.jpg

Bekah, you are right...I drew the pear meander taking elements from three or four designers. If you look closely, you could do it yourself. Pears are simple, any leaf would do, and the acorn was cute...really simple continuous line. The rest is just meandering loops. Here are the designers I used:

Debra Geissler, Pear Meander http://www.debrageissler.com/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1&keywords=pear&x=0&y=0

Patricia Ritter, Indian Summer http://stores.digitechpatterns.com/-strse-Urban-Elementz--fdsh--Patricia-Ritter/searchpath/122234778/start/201/total/503/Categories.bok

Patricia Ritter has one that has apples too. She's good, and available on paper.

Thanks

Originally posted by Boni

I want to give it as a wedding present next weekend, so I'm waffling between E2E and simple custom.

Any ideas? suggestions would be welcome and muchly appreciated! :)

Boni, you are too funny! Just like the rest of us, can't resist making the quilt the best it can be! I envy your ability to design so easily and quickly with the computer, but I also know you had to work hard to find and develop the designs. Your design ideas are absolutely wonderful for this quilt.

Archived