Need help to identify this quilt--FINAL pix

Yes Joan, I'm resistant to take the easy way out of anything. Tsk Tsk. Here is the Pumpking arrangement I spent most of the last two days drawing. The simple one in the brown triangle went fast. As is typical for me, the more complicated one is invisible in the pumpkin fabric. I can hardly wait to be done so I can put it on the wall and look at the back. All that work for just the muslin back! We are funny aren't we?

BTW, it's not going to be done today. I will take a picture and do the card thing. I can't do a machine binding...no way.

post--13461907174484_thumb.jpg

BTW, it's not going to be done today. I will take a picture and do the card thing. I can't do a machine binding...no way.

Yes you can. At least give it a try. Remember to fold it in half, don't iron it, leave at least 12 inches loose at the start, use your hopping foot as the 1/4 marking and start around. If you can do the beautiful controlled quilting I've seen on this quilt then binding is nothing for you. Your just stuck in your head. Nothing lost to try. If you don't like it then it is very easy to rip off. You can do it!

Unless you meant that you didn't WANT to put machine binding on this quilt and wanted it done by hand.

Yes, Oma...I meant I didn't want machine binding, but hand finished binding. See, I'm stubborn...gotta do it the hard way. It is finished, off the table, and ready to do the binding. I gave them a card with a swatch of fabric and an invitation to dinner. Now, on with the hand work....

The wedding was very beautiful. I took my idea for the fabric in this quilt from their wedding invitation. All fall colors, and the wedding was all fall colors. Hit the nail on the head with this one! I wish I had taken my camera, but maybe someone will post on FB and I can borrow a picture.

Enjoy----all for your inspiration...

post--13461907215864_thumb.jpg

What a great quilting job. So pretty. I was pretty sure you knew how to put your binding on with the LA and wasn't saying that previously. I agree with the hand sewing on one side. It's just prettier that way. You nailed this one.

You guys are so nice. Thanks for all the compliments. I sure love this thing they call quilting.:D

Rita, yes we're warm...it's gonna get chilly tonight though. Nuts are being harvested as I type! Yup! It's a little muddy but they're not slowing down. The weather looks like it will hold drier than wetter so just a matter of time. It is a good crop, not a bumper crop, but good.

Keep Himself warm too!

Archived