I won! I won! The Alex Anderson Retreat

I can't believe I won the retreat with Alex Anderson sponsored by APQS. How sweet is this? I'm so not going to get anything done this week - it's hard to focus when you are jumping up & down LOL.

So... I found out yesterday afternoon & leave for the retreat on Sunday morning - Holy Cow!

Just had to share the news.

Thank you APQS, this is awesome!!!!

I will take pictures. I think this will be a lot of fun. I took some time this evening picking out fabrics from my stash to bring for the "retreat project", but then couldn't decide whether I wanted to bring an applique type project to work on in free time, or some fabric for other quilting projects that I need to get done before spring graduation.

I usually do memory quilts with photos & blocks in the school colors for kids that are friends of the family, but as our kids get closer to graduation themselves the more quilts that I've had to do each year. This year I have at least 5 to do & next year our kids start graduating again, 3 in 3 years. Then I also have some kit samples that I should get done for upcoming shows, that kind of feels like it might be too much like "work". Hmmmm.

Then I am trying to decide how to pack the right amount of stuff. I don't want to pack too much, then not work on the stuff, but I don't want to underpack either. I've never had free time like this, so I'm confused. I'm thinking that I will take some fabrics & buy some more so that the retreat project has both fabrics from my stash & some that are specifically from purchases made while at the retreat.

I'll come by and see you. I usually crash this shindig! You are more than welcome to come visit me at my home too, let me know I'll come pick you up.

Why don't you nix all of the "work" and make something just for yourself? If you forget anything you can steal from me. Also, there is a great quilt store here.

You couldn't be with a better group of people. You are going to have a great time!

Good for you Jessica! You deserve it!

Guest Linda S

LOL Jessica - you sound like me getting ready for a retreat. The last one I went to (fortunately, within driving distance), I think I had half my studio in the car! I brought a ton of projects to work on, and actually managed to finish two of them. Have a blast!

Linda

Congratulations on winning this great opportunity Jessica. Sounds like you already have a full plate with all the memory quilts you are doing for "the kids". Your life sounds rich with people who love you. Go to the retreat with room in your pack for new ideas and inspiration. Just relax, soak up the experience, and enjoy making new friends. Let us know your impressions when you return. I hear that Alex is a hoot. ;)

Vicki

Jess, how wonderful for you!!! I think you should just go and relax and have fun just for you. What an awesome excuse to go fabric shopping. :D just think of all the possibilities with an empty suitcase instead of one already packed with projects:P.

take lots of pictures and tell Alex hello for all of us

• 3 weeks later...

Archived