Quilt Glide / Stitch Regulator / Stitch Length

aktbone

I am confused:

1) What is the difference in the Quilt Glide and Stitch Regulator?

2) How do I turn on the Quilt Glide? I have a 2011 Milli. The video shows a knob on the front of the machine but I do not have a knob.

3) When stitching with either QG or SR do I change the stitch length? When do you change stitch lengths?

Thanks

t

Quilt Glide is turned on by a knob on the front like you said. If you don't have a knob, you don't have QuiltGlide. It is an option.

The difference: SR regulates the length of your stitch. You can choose what length between 7 & 15 stitches per inch. Quilt Glide is a function that will turn on or off your SR so you can do (as an example) little stippling around a feather and then when you are ready to use the SR again when you start moving faster, it will kick back in.

Changing the stitch length is pretty much a personal preference thing. No quilt police!! Some people like to stitch at 7 for everyday quilting, some 9 or 10. It depends on the look you like. When doing small stippling, or any miniature design, you will probably want to increase the number of stitches per inch. This will make smoother curves. I recently did some writing of words on a quilt. I noticed that my writing was smoother after I increased the number of stitch per inch.

Hope this helps!!

Originally posted by Deb2bie

Very pretty indeed!!!

Thanks that was my practice piece the first time I tried to do micro work.

I had recently watched Irena Bluhm video and took some of her ideas and micro sized them...now to have the right quilt for that intense quilting...I enjoy the micro work way more than huge all over stuff.

Archived