Thread - Glide vs. Omni vs So Fine

Tonilyn:

I wind my own bobbins; I use Metro top and bottom, or use Bottom Line from Superior with Metro. I resisted the Metro for a long time but finally broke down and ordered the entire "Big" spool collection. It is great to have so many color shades in stock and I can always find a perfect match. I also have a large supply of SO Fine, Rainbows and Bottom Line.

Guest Linda S

Of the three you mentioned, I prefer Glide. I like the sheen, the strength, and the colors. Next would be So Fine -- I like it when I want something thin and flat. Omni is okay, but it's awfully fuzzy. It's a good weight and looks like cotton, but it has a lot of lint like cotton.

Originally posted by aktbone

Hey Heidi,

What kind of bobbins do you use with the Metro. They are having a sale on 5000M - 116 spools - $1.99 each = $230.84. Seems like a deal.

What you think?

Oh my - I am not only a fabriholic, now I am turning into a thread junkie!

It is a great deal and the cones last forever. I ordered only the colors that I use and the ones I use a lot I got doubles. I use either bottom line or magna glide bobbins with the metrol. If I don't have an exact color I'll even wind Metro. It works great. The only problem I've ever had is if the cone has a burr on it but now I know to look for that. It doesn't happen often but a thread net cures the problem.

Archived