Using the BobbinCam with the IQ System

We just finished the first quilt using the bobbin cam with the IQ. It worked flawlessly. The picture was crisp and clear. We left the camera on while the machine was quilting and were able to clearly see the stitching. There was no noticeable vibration even with the machine moving and sewing. The setup has no apparent effect on the Millennium or IQ. The BobbinCam is very lightweight system and seemed to have no impact to the IQ program. With the IQ system already attached, I was able to attach almost all the Bobbin Cam wires to existing IQ cables using zip ties. We are extremely happy with Kevin's system and the quality and detail of the video. We are in the process of running test patterns on a new, extremely detailed quilt pattern using the IQ, and the Bobbin Cam has worked beyond all expectations without major issues.

We think you have a great affordable product and would not hesitate to recommend it.

Debi, could you post pictures? Where did you mount the camera and monitor. I have a 2009, non-blissed Millie. I also have my bobbin thread cutter on my machine and do not want to remove it. You probably have the IQ super motors which I don't. I wonder if that will make a difference?

I may just bite the bullet and order the system, but still interested in how you mounted everything?

Does it make a noticable difference if you are in manual mode? My Millie seems to be acting a lot stiffer when I am in manual mode lately, and I have been wondering why. I don't have the bobbin cam yet, although I would like the convenience of being able to see the quality of stitches on the back without having to crawl under my machine with a flashlight.

I don't know if it is the Edgerider wheels or what, but my Millie just seems harder to push around when I am in manual mode.

Marg

oops, I forgot to say that I have an older Millie. I got mine in 2000, and so it is not blissed either. I too am curious as to where you mounted your monitor for the camera.

I have also lowered the tablet mount so it is further forward on the machine head. It makes it easier for me to use the tablet, and to see it. I am rather short, so that was a plus for me to be able to move it forward.

Also, it may be due to the age of my Millie, but I feel like it is top heavier in the front and not balanced like it should be. It has a very old carriage that they had to send to me so I could get my Millie to move more easily.

I am afraid to upset the apple cart by adding any more weight to my machine.

Marg

I will take some pictures and post them. My machine is a 2011 Mille with the bliss drive and the IQ. Like I mentioned yesterday, the bobbin cam appears to have no effect on the quality of the quilting and allows us to view the stitching while the machine is running. I completed another quilt today and see no change in the stitch quality with the bobbin cam added.

Richard Orr

Originally posted by ManQuilter

@Debi, great news! I'm glad someone with IQ finally got to try it. :)

@Marg, I've got BobbinCams in stock for Canadian orders. If it doesn't work I will take it back no questions asked :)

We felt it was well worth the money spent.

Richard Orr

Originally posted by Gator

Deb, where did you mount the camera? I have my thread trimmer still on my machine and do not want to remove it.

Also if you could share where the monitor is mounted pretty please. I can only picture it behind the IQ tablet. I'm not sure I will like it there. Thanks! :)

Archived