She's back!

Yes Sandra, it is gorgeous quilting!

Deb, everyone has given you the advice you need. Make her do the running around, set your own deadlines for receiving if it's to be done when she wants, make her pre-pay and definitely a rush fee. She doesn't need to know what else you would spend the time doing.

Let us know what happens.

Anne she was suppose to pick up the quilt on Dec 29th, she actually picked it up on January 4-6, don't remember exactly without going through my records. She told me that they had originally planned to have an EVENT that allowed anyone who wanted to come and watch the couple open their gifts, but that her husband forgot to pick up the community center key so it got canceled and she was just to busy with other things to give me a call and explain that it would be a week before she would come and get the quilt.

After talking with her (great advise Shana) she has decided that there is not an urgency to get this quilt, quilted. I'm guessing that it has something to do with that I told her I would have to have the quilt by 1:00 on Monday to get it done for a Friday pick up and that there was a $50.00 rush fee being added to the invoice. She now plans to drop it off on Thursday or Friday after she finds and purchases the thread, and I can fit it in at my leisure.

The last quilt was pieced very well, I am hoping that this one will be also. I'm going to eye it like a hawk when it comes in.......and she is still going to have to prepay for the quilting.

I also would require pre-payment. Anytime someone needs/demands a quilt in less than 2 weeks a rush fee is in order. If I really don't want to do it I tell them that I will have to work overtime to get it done in their time frame and

that the overtime rate is 1 1/2 the regular quilting rate. I have only had 1 person in 7 years take me up on it. But, they do understand then that I am running a business and can't/won't work around the clock for nothing! Of course, my regulars I work in the best I can if it isn't a chronic request:)

• 7 months later...

Archived