Nineva's posting showing sunflower quilt with flying geese

Nancy, Have friend who is making 5 of those panels for others. She has 2 finished and wants to try something different on remainder panels. told her about one you shared - but I cannot find it again. can you tell me under what post this is? I liked it so much am thinking I may uy that panel. Would appreciate any help you can give us.

Marilyn

Here is the pic. Just so you know the dimensions, the blocks are 7" finished. That makes the double geese 5" finished. The total red border is 7". The interior green border is 1.5" finished. Those dimensions are pleasing to my eye but you can always adjust them. The panel ends up being 42" tall finished. You have 6 blocks at 7". you could do 7 blocks at 6" and end up the same, but I like the symmetry of the 6 blocks. There ya go....:cool::cool::cool:

post--13461907998737_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much. Love what you did with it. Friend Connie has finished two differently than that and wanted different ideas. She is a rather clever piecer and quilter and using a DM for her quilting. She is just starting to look for a used machine. I am just a hair envious of hers and others artistic abilities. I have to use patterns, boards, pantos, templates and whatever to get good results. Can't even draw a stick man and yes , I have practiced and practiced. Have a lot of trouble keeping consistent size on my free form quilting. Thank the Good Lord for all of the clever people on this forum who give me ideas and so willingly share them. Check it out every day.

Thanks again, I know she will appreciate your idea.

Marilyn

Hi Nancy!!

*Love* the sunflower's! Did you happen to get this from my friend Geri's shop? (The Pine Needle) Her new catalog just came out & I noticed she had this one featured, sew sunny & happy!;)

Archived