Singer Replacement Bulb

Help! I am working on a Singer 2638 sewing machine that was donated to our church. It needs a new light bulb (and a replacement fuse - don't ask....). I can find them on Amazon and Singer online, but the shipping is more than the bulb! Where do you look for replacement bulbs? I found a listing on Joanne.com, but it's available "online only" - and again, the shipping is more than the bulb. Any suggestions?

Barb, try calling a few hardware stores they might carry a wide variety of bulbs that will fit in a sewing machine like this one. Give them the id number.

PS: Don't go there with me about the pains of shipping costs being more expensive than the item because I live in a place where many people think Alaska is on a different planet and they won't even SHIP to Alaska, even if I pay top dollar! Well, not only do we have an international airport, jets flying in and out every day, fexdex, ups and post office, too. It's a modern city with all of the amenities... but do ya think some of these clowns will ship it to alaska?? Ha! :D So, there ya go...... that's my world.

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Barb, try calling a few hardware stores they might carry a wide variety of bulbs that will fit in a sewing machine like this one. Give them the id number.

PS: Don't go there with me about the pains of shipping costs being more expensive than the item because I live in a place where many people think Alaska is on a different planet and they won't even SHIP to Alaska, even if I pay top dollar! Well, not only do we have an international airport, jets flying in and out every day, fexdex, ups and post office, too. It's a modern city with all of the amenities... but do ya think some of these clowns will ship it to alaska?? Ha! :D So, there ya go...... that's my world.

Awww, Shana, I wish I could make it all better for you! If it would work for you, you could have stuff shipped to me and I'll send it on to you.....:)

Originally posted by Deb2bie

Shana!!! I know after shipping that machine to Sandi!!!! Yikes I think it's ridiculous!!! And then they didn't deliver it as promised!!! Left it at the DJ post office!!! For what was paid, it shouild have been delivered to her quilting room and set up!!!

:D

Now you know that I live in Paradise but there is a cost to live here and it's not cheap. :)

Archived