Setting a price on a used DSM

ATTN CYNTHIA: I have sent you a U2U on Sat. February 4.

Can you offer any input? I have a Bernina Artista 200 with an upgraded embroidery capability. It has not been upgraded for the BSR. I want to sell it but don't know what price to ask. The local Bernina dealer is only interested if I trade it in & would only suggest that I check on ebay or Craigslist. The prices there are all over the map!

Can anyone tell me what my Bernina is worth or where I could go to get that information? I'm prepared to make someone a good deal as I never use this machine. Thanks, Nancy

The local Bernina shop here has a 175 embroidery for sale for $1500.00 I know they only gave $250 in trade in. Ask a shop you don't know what they would sell one like yours for should they have one to sell. You will always get a better Price selling privately than getting a good Price on trade on. Also check EBay and Craig's List see what others are doing.

I bought my 200e upgraded to 730 for $3000 about 3 years ago. I checked ebay a couple of weeks ago and found them as high as $3700. Looks like the values are going up and not down. BTW mind came with the travel cases, embroidery unit, the BSR and lots of extras.

Nancy: Look on e-Bay. Search for Bernina sewing machines, and review the listings. You'll find ones at auction, and ones offered as "Buy it Now" The listings generally pretty well describe the machine, so you should be able to find comparable machines.

The Buy it Now's will give you some idea what sellers want for the machine. The auctions will only tell you what they sell for at auction, when the auction is over. You can't tell too much by starting bid, or by the bids during the auction. Selling price can change a great deal in the last few seconds of the auction. After seeing a few comparable sales you should have a pretty good idea what the machine will bring. Good luck. Jim

Archived