More thread cutter/bobbincam???

Cheryl I don't have an APQS so I don't know if this would work for you, but couldn't the bobbin camera be installed on the other side? Not the side with the thread cutter? On my machine I have a bobbin camera installed on each side of the machine head and I have run the wires under my machine and out the back ... taped them down with painters tape on the underside. Just curious if this would work on the APQS?

Originally posted by Pat Kuhlman

I was thinking about taking my thread cutter off also, but dont want to buy the base and all that again, there has to be another way for this to work for us, or I will have to sell my cameras. does ony one know where I can buy that very heavy velcro that came with the cameras.

Ace hardware and walmart (in my area) both carry industrial strength velcro (and it IS industrial strength)!

Is there anyway you could take your ruler base to a local glass cutter/plexiglass store/installer, not sure what they are called, but maybe they would be able to make you one from plexiglass using yours as a pattern..just thinking out loud....The one for my Innova is clear plexiglass and the camera works fine with it on.

Debbie

I have a Millenium with a thread cutter. I didn't have to take anything off in order to mount the camera. And, I use the Hartley base extender all the time, taking it on and off often.

I mounted the camera on the bracket that came with it, and velcroed it to the bottom of the machine. The bracket goes across the machine bottom at a right angle and the camera extends out to the left side, focusing up through the base extender.

Send me a U to U with your email and I can maybe send you a picture of it mounted. I am not very camera/computer literate, so waiting for me to learn how to post on the forum will take forever.

Archived