need ideas please...custom ok

The not symmetrical green and white squares areoff putting to my "OCD". But how about diagonal cross hatching through all the background squares (this will stop me thinking about the different colours). From upper left to lower right. The next plain border crosshatch from upper right to lower left.

The you could pebbles the stars or fill them with different fills.

The outer pieced border I am assuming is not real wide so continuous feather around it. Then diagonal crosshatch the outermost border from upper left to lower right.

NOw I will have another looksie.

Kristina I would do pretty feathers in both of the green borders to frame it. Do cc's or tt's in the pinwheel blocks and cc the star points. I'd pick something more showy in the cent of the stars, maybe curved cross hatching would look good. I'd treat the background all the same, some kind of stipplish design to push it back and let the stars pop.

Kristina, I like Heidi's ideas on the cc's and the background to make the stars pop. Something more detailed in the centers of the stars and whatever you do in the green borders, whether feathers or domething else, I would do the same design in both of them. I love that quilt btw, your color placement on the white and green looks good to my asymetrical eyes (not that they are that way! haha) :P

thanks everyone. the centers of the stars are small scale farm prints...busy.

i am debating just putting an e2e on the inside of the quilt and pieced border and grassy fern, leafy feathers on the outer borders? i think trying to come up with a stitch path that works will be too difficult...without a lot of starts/stops.

also, since it's just for me...i am using a large snow dyed piece for the backing. that should be fun.

Archived