Crinkle Featherweight

You really should do your homework and have your facts correct. You are definitely welcomed to believe what you would like to believe, but as I already suggested, take time in life to learn facts. The serial number on this machine dates it to December 5, 1939, which would make it in the first production run of the crinkle featherweights from Singer. Please have a great day.:):D;):P:cool::)

here's another link as well http://home.roadrunner.com/~featherweight/crinkle.htm

here's another link, about halfway down the page 1939-1940, per ISMACS

http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_machine_company/green_around_the_gills_featherweight_color.html

oh, and have you been fishing lately?

Shannon: I think you're confusing the crinkle machine with the blackside machines. The crinkles where a military contract (or several) issued before WWII. The blacksides were a result of unavailability or industrial metals, notably chrome and nickle, which Singer apparently ran out of, starting with the July 1941 production. Shortly after that the government took control of Singer's manufacturing capabilities, and no consumer market machines were made until Sep 1945. The blacksides were made in July 1941, and September 1945. The '45 Blacksides were machines made from parts Singer had on hand at the time the government took control of their factories, and before they were able to resumed manufacture of the chrome finished parts. The post war crinkles where machines assembled from parts left over from the earlier military contracts. The serial numbers of both types indicate when they were assembled.

Both are quite rare. Regards. Jim

Awww... gosh... Meghan, no need to get snitty... Shannon doodlebug was completely innocent in her assumption. It's not like we're all historians on these things. Easy mistake to make.

Anway, Meghan that machine looks really pretty. I have a cute little FW name Elsie Mae era 1956. She's a dream to sew on. Best wishes selling the crinkle. I think that one of the gals, Kristina, here on this chat (Sagebrushquilter) was looking for a crinkle. I'll track her down and let her know.

Shannon have fun smelling the dogwood, fishing and hunting them wild turkeys... and sending me my "squishy" package in a few weeks! :P

After researching the ones sold in the last few years, my asking price is $3,000. For the condition that the machine is in, and the case, with acessories. This price is about midway between what I have run across. This is the first day it has been 'up for sale', so we're always open for suggestions and thanks for the inquirey.

I don't have a business, only a dream. I'm hoping that if I live long enough to retire, then I will supplement my income with quilting, embroidery, etc. So I bought the web addy and since the domain name was just sitting there, I added pics this morning, since it was simple. I did however have a goat farming business that I got out of a few years ago, just got to be too much work, or I just got too old. Thanks for asking though. Sorry, forgot to add, in my day job, I'm a bookkeeper. However, I'm playing hookie today and loving it!

Archived