quilting machine guides

I am a newbie watching the posts. I just got a Millenium, and was web surfing for different quilting tools:mad:, and found a company, quiltingmachineguides.com. They look VERY interesting because I can't trace a straight line for the life of me!!!...does anyone know anything about these guides?

HELP

Have looked at this website, also. Liked the look of the product. However, I have CircleLord and they are not compatible. Need different stylus for different product manufacturers. The Circle Lord is wonderful and I love it (Quilting Machine Guides may be awesome, too); but I feel the Circle Lord is not so many pieces and longer patterns (Baptitst Fan & Zig-Zag). Check the length on items. I have 14 ft. table and quilt large quilts, so need extra long patterns. I wish I knew someone who had Machine Quilting Guides as I would also like to hear about them.

I came across the Quilting Machine Guides site in September. I called them with several questions and enjoyed talking to her so much. I was interested in the Cable guide. There are so many different patterns you can get from a single template with two different cable designs. I was concerned about the stylus since I already had a Circle Lord stylus ans Baptist Fan template. She thought it could work with their guides, but she couldn't say for sure. I ordered the Cable guides and am thrilled with the instructions that come with them. I was surprised to get a long piece of non-slip fabric to use on the table before you put the guides on and a free canvas storage bag for storing templates. I was able to use my CL stylus, but am seriously considering getting their stylus as it seems to be more functional. It has a laser light for pantographs. I aslo have 2 Quilt EZ templates I purchased at a quilt show, but don't have their stylus. My CL stylus is a little tight, but it works. I have made my 'Christmas Wish List" out for my husband and kids to get me, so have my fingers crossed!! I want Quilting Machine Guides "Guide Holding Systrm" so bad!! Templates from Quilt EZ & CL slide so much unless I use several yards of tape to tape them to the machine bed. I also want the Cable Corners they added since I got my Cable Guide. I also want any of the other guides, but don"t know which ones I want first so it would be a "Surprise"if yhey choose one for me. I'm sure she would be happy to talk to you if you have any questions. You might want to E-mail her, since she does not have a 800 number last I checked.

Best of Holidays to everyone.

sueky 1 - Have you used guides yet? How long are they? I don't have trouble with my circle Lord slipping as I put a rubberized shelf liner under them. Very inexpensive. Also, since then my husband has done some modifications on my table (have Milli) for the long templates. It keeps them in place with no movement at all. I am interested in the Cable Guide. Am wondering how you keep patterns consistent when you only use half of Cable Guide pattern. Know that is vague - but saw pictures on their site about using only half of Cable Guide for different patterns. Any info would be appreciated. Like to know from someone who has used them. Thanks. Gardenslug

Hmmmm- - I want to check these out as well.... and Gardenslug - can you

please give us some more info on HOW your husband modified your table

to keep your templates from slipping / moving.... photos would be great!

I use the shelf liner mat too, but still, there is a bit of slippage...slopage...

any help in keeping them still would be great!:D

Phyllis try http://stores.quiltingmachineguides.com/StoreFront.bok

I tried the QEZ but either it was me or my table ... I just couldn't get them to stay in place. I would love to have the Circle Lord but am afraid I'd have the same problems.

These sound so interesting especially the holding guide system ..... Will you be at any shows? If yes, where?

HI,

I just want to explain that the Circle Lord is a clamping

platform that holds the round. or small pattern templates on the back table of most longarm machines. Templates

used on this system are held firmly enough for doing

the patterns, unless the user is moving too fast. In cases,

where templates, such as the large crosshatch moves,

there is a nut that when tighted will help. Anyone, who still

has a movement problem should write me.

The long templates, for the most part, are steady enough

on the mat with some tape in the corners. Instructions for the long templates include instructions on using a taped piece of paint stir stick to fix them firmly on the table. We now supply plastic squares to do this. I will put pictures this method on the Circle Lord News. (Blue Tape)

This method is the best way with the Zig Zag, which has

to move left and right to do the crosshatching.

We have tried to design templates that are easy to use, and handle, and make patterns that make money.

I have tried may ways of using templates and designs and

have not produced them, because of either, limited use,

or, inefficiency in their use.

Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas.

Michael

Judi, Will try to get pictures within the next week. Have never done pictures before and am doing a lot of running to hospital as stepmother-in-law (93) has had surgery and I am one who has to keep her things going. If I can't do the picture thing, I will draw a diagram with instructions, and if I don't get back after Christmas - just remind me. Am old and forgetful. Michael's direction may work as well, I just didn't try them as my husband likes to tinker and he is usually rather successful. Merry Christmas. Gardenslug

Ok, I've have just been working on my regular machine, doing quilting on a whole cloth quilt. It has the grid lines. I was using one of my rulers as a straight guide. But, like I hear the others talking, it slips. So, I went down to the DH's workshop and got a piece of his tacky backed sandpaper. I cut it into strips that I put on the back of the ruler.

any help?

Gail

DixieQWV - this is gardenslug. Have the Circle Lord. I really can't complain abut the sliding. Just had a very slight movement down or up and corrected it after quilting each row. My DH is a perfectionist and he modified my table. I now have NO MOVEMENT and it is wondeerful. Did not try Michael;s method, but think if you tried his method you migh be sucessful. Have a Milli and will try to take pictures with explanation by Tuesday or Wednesday. Love my Circle Lord. Just liked the looks of the cable; but was a little worried about continuity on many of the patterns. Couldn't dfecide if there was a stop as you were moving up when you were doing a half pattern. Check their website and maybe you can figure out what I am discussing. Gardenslug

Just another note on the Circle Lord. I am Circle Lord User. The templates, whether it is the long template that sits on the table or the smaller template with the circular stepping device DO NOT MOVE. Once you have used the Circle Lord, you will use NO other product. The product is wonderful and the support is A1. I have just received the newest template 'Featherz' and can't wait to get to use it. Of course, everyone develops their own preferences, but mine is the "Circle Lord".

Merry Christmas to all,

Linda Esenbock

To Circle Lord Fan

Glad to hear you are not having problems with your Circle Lord templates not moving. Apparently you are one of the few who don?t. Otherwise, why would Michael write such an extensive Blog, complete with pictures, on December 17, 2006 about securing Circle Lord templates to the table. He goes so far as talking about methods he has tried like ?drilling holes in the table and using various clamps?. His method involves a lot of tape and paint sticks. Don?t get me wrong, I have Circle Lords Baptist fan templates and mine does move and I do tape it to my table. I am just not crazy about all the tape on my table & templates and I am always looking for a better idea to make things easier. I also have Quilt EZ templates that slip even more than CL.

Hi,

"Apparently you are one of the few who don?t. Otherwise, why would Michael write such an extensive Blog, complete with pictures?

I published, on the Circle Lord News Blog, instructions for

holding the ZIG ZAG template. This template has to slide

easily sideways. At first, Velcro was shipped as a means of

securing the ZZ template. Later, I concluded that the tape

and block method was the best - unless you wanted to drill holes in your table.

The Blog was my way of informing past customers of a good way to hold the ZZ. It is also a good way for the other templates, if you don't want to use rubber mat. These instructions and blocks are now sent with the templates. Unfortunately, nothing is really easy in long arm quilting. There are many types of machines and tables. I sure hope that no one is waxing their table.

In publishing the ZZ instructions, I was not trying to solve a

problem, but to make it easier for you, by keeping you up to date with my latest findings. As I deal personally

ly with all my customers, and, I and openly publish my name

address and telephone number, I would expect that if we

had a major problem, I would know. If some other method, or

product will help hold our king templates, I am all for it.

Merry Christmas

Michael

Archived