quiltazoid swirls

Am I the only one that doesn't care for the quiltazoid swirls? There seems to be too much empty space above the small swirl in the repeat rows. I have seen them done with the R&S boards and the Circle Lord boards and don't notice it. I love swirls but seldom ever use mine for that reason. :(

Cheri: Which template are you talking about? I couldn't find a tracing template, or a border template called "swirls". Are you talking about the continuous tracing boards that have the large circle followed by the small circle etc?

I don't have any continuous tracing boards, only a few tracing templates, and a couple of boarder templates. Jim

i'm not sure if it's the same one that i have - i have the tracing template...and there is a bigger space unless you overlap them or nest them by offsetting them.

i did one quilt and freehanded to fill the space.

the next one i offset and nested, and i liked both fine.

now i just freehand my swirls unless i get asked specifically for the template, cause i prefer the organic look.

I have the spiral long board and I do agree that the spirals should have a bit more staggering to them--but this is how I remedied that--I do the spirals and then come back and do straight u-turn lines between the rows--when advancing the quilt--I advance a bit more than normal so to get a nice definition between straight and spiral. I really like the look it gives. Hope this helps.

Terri

post--13461908489816_thumb.jpg

Archived