new-sort of

I have had my machine for several years. A part broke in it a few while back, it was fixed within a week, but I have been so busy and more concerned about braking it again that i have not touched it for a long time. It is time. I need to adjust the tension, but it seems to be working fine now. So where do I start? I have more tops then any one person should admit to, but I don't know if I dare start on them yet. guess I need a little encouragement.

Teresa

Youcandoit-youcandoit-youcandoit!!:P:P:P

Sort the tops with your least-liked (or oldest?) on top. Start with that one. Nothing better than learning on pieced quilts rather than plain muslin or print fabric. Go wild and have a great time. With each quilt you will get better. Donate your finished ones if you don't have a specific plan for them.

Practice, breathe, and have fun!

Theresa,

It's amazing how quickly you learn. You just have to start. When I first purchased my machine three years ago, I would stand in front of the quilt and think, "What should I do with this border?' I'd look through my books, pick a pattern, practice it on the white board, and then start it. I'd do that the entire way through the quilt. Finally Jamie Wallen said to practice on paper first until it's in your muscle memory. Fortunately we have so many members willing to help, that you'll be really good in no time at all.

Guest Linda S

Jump in with both feet and have fun splashing around. The water's fine, and you can't have any fun till you get in! ;) As Linda said, YOU CAN DO IT!! :D

Archived