Missing, one slightly used, middle aged brain . . .

Subtitled: The weather is hot and my quilting is not:(

Seriously, my brain is just gone, totally missing in action. If you find it, please pick it up, dust it off gently, and send it home. It might help if you gave it a wine transfusion first . . . .

I'm quilting on a quilt for a customer. This is the second of two quilts made from her father's shirts. One quilt for the customer; one for her sister. I've made so many mistakes on this poor quilt - and even frogged a few of them. I mean, this is like a year's worth of mess-ups. I'm not a great quilter, but I'm better than today's output suggests.

I finished the first quilt two months ago. I FINALLY have the second quilt on the frame. The first one is a lot of cc'ing. I decided to do the same base pattern but to add flourishes or sprites to liven up the cc'ing. Apparently my sense of whimsy left with my brain or I should simply confess to failing Flourishes 101. I am so hoping that the usual magic of taking a quilt off the frame and looking at it in the morning turns it from pig's ear to silk purse, or in this case, acceptable quilt. Of course, I have to finish my whine break and go finish quilting the thing before I can take it off the frame and pray.

So, if you find my somewhat melted brain, please send it home. Linda R, please wave your magic wand in the general direction of my quilt. Maybe the flourishes will look less like road kill snails and more like sprites:)

In summation, life is good if this is all I have to whine about. May the quilting fairies bless us each and everyone. A bad day quilting is a better day than suffering through a job you hate.

Lynn

Rita,

A magnet on my fridge says "The only thing better than a good friend is a good friend with chocolate." May our brains be away indulging in some good dark chocolate together:)

Vicki, I too have learned to step away when days are this awry. Alas, I can't quit today since the next two days are booked with non-quilty things. Still, stopping a few moments to laugh at myself is helping. . . . .

Lynn

We are always our WORST Critics!!!!! It will look so much better later. My friend and it were at a quilt show looking at the quilts, She says look at this quilt what a nice job they did! The a few seconds later she realized she had quilted the quilt and remembered she had not liked what she had quilted! Go figure! Better thoughts in the morning!

I think the oppressive heat around the country has us all with fried brains, nerves and everything else. 102º here today - actual temperature. We just spent the day babysitting out 3 grandsons and the 3 year was a real pistol. I broke down in tears when he went home..........not a good day. Too darn hot to go outside and run off any energy. DH is cooking supper and I will take a long shower soon to calm down and regain my sanity ! haha

Sympathy to all who are suffering in the heat. My brain slows down and then sputters to a stop when I get too warm.

I'm up in the left top of the country and we only got summer yesterday. Our first day over 70 degrees since November was late June sometime. I would send you some cool if I could.....:cool:

Iowa Linda,

Yes, the heat addles all of our brains. Bless you and your husband for babysitting three grands today! Your kids are fortunate to have you close enough to have a real relationship with the grandkids. Enjoy supper and the shower - and congrats on finally getting the ad with the proper frame.

WA Linda,

It is good to know that someone in the country is cool!!!! As hot as it is here, we can't complain since we've had it no where near as bad as the middle of the country. I feel sorry for those folks who lost power last Friday and are still waiting to get reconnected. May your pleasant summer continue . . . .

Lynn

Archived