OMG! This is so cool...I have to share!!

Whoa, I am still grinning ear to ear...

Moments ago, I just got off the phone with Mom & Pop --- my dear Mother in Law (Ingrid...and if you recall, she's the one that got me started on quilting about five or so years ago), well, anyway, earlier this year I was telling Ingrid that I was going to buy a Millennium some day (when our room was finished) and she said "You are living my dream." Well, she didn't know that her husband overheard the phone conversation and he surprised her and bought her a Milli -- well, I just found out that she's had it for about two months and has kept it a secret from me because she felt bad about my broken foot and didn't want me to feel bad or jealous or something like that ?? :o (she got it right after I broke my foot in November)... Anyway, I am so thrilled for her! (I even told her she's living my dream...LOL!!) Ingrid is not really savvy on the computer, so not sure she'll be a regular on the board, but I wanted to share the wonderful news with you. As soon as I am up and walking about again, and as soon as we get the quilting room finished (some time this summer or fall I hope), my plans are to get my Milli up here so I can play, too. :) So, get ready for my big purchase, (name removed)! I've been saving my pennies.

Happy New Year, my friends!

Shana

Guest Linda S

Wow Shana! How cool is that? You will be able to share quilting experiences, trade bobbins, needles, etc. She was so nice not to tell you because of your foot. I can imagine I would have felt the same. I hope you are healing well every day and you will be good to go in no time!

Linda

LOL... Linda, I wish I was so lucky that I could trade bobbins & stuff with her, but she moved waaaay over to New York state (Watertown) about three years ago so she's far away from me up in Alaska. I miss her so much.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes on my recovery. I feel like I am getting a little bit better every day. Every day is easier for me (hurts less). I can't wait until I can walk again. Ugh this is getting old... ;)

Shana

Oh Shana!

That is just the best story, totally warms my heart!:)

Now you have some real incentive to get better & heal quickly so you two can keep up with one another in your quilting! ;)

2007 is going to be YOUR year!;)

Shana, how did I miss that you broke your foot. How did you do it, does it hurt, is it healing - I'm asking all these questions because I too broke my foot - I fell off my bottom step - stupid thing to do - but that's what I did and broke my foot in five places on Oct 17. I STILL can't put any weight on it because it's not healing fast enough. UGH. We need to trade stories about how hard it is to even move around in bed with only one foot. How are you healing and what is your prognosis? Weight on it yet? Will you walk soon? Tell me everything.

Just a quick hi to say I really feel for those of you with a broken foot. I was in a car accident last March, Broke both bones in my rt leg and shattered the ankle. I purchased a stool from Country Lane Quilting in the fall and was able to sit and quilt a few wall hangings and table runners. Last week I put my first large quilt in since the accident. It is going very slow as I can only tolerate an hour or so a day on my foot yet but at least I'm back at it, finally!!Marie S.

Shana,

What a cool story. I really need to find a man like your DFI. Don't know how she kept it a secret... Also, she only lives about 3 hours from me in NY so you tell her that if she is ever in my area (around Schenectady) that she should look me up!

Shana,

Man I couldn't have kept that a secret for that long...now you two should make plans to go to MQX together in April...just a 3-4 hour drive from her house. Great classes and quilt show...

If she ever gets down around my area she should call, I'm just a bit further south than Jhend, would love to visit with her.

Hi, Bonnie and Jhend. Oh, thanks so much for the offer for Ingrid to look you up if she's in your neck of the woods. I'm sure she would love to have some people like you to share ideas/learn from. During our phone call, I told her all about the MQX show in April and I sent her the link to the MQX site. Due to my injury, I don't think I can make it this year (it's too soon for me to be walking around) but I'm hoping that she and her daughter can go down and see the quilts and participate in some of the classes.

You all are the best!

Shana

Shana,

Have Ingrid give me a call....would love to help if she needs it....Also will be at MQX so if she asks...someone can point me out...my granddaughter will be one of the office helpers so I won't be to hard to find.

Hope your foot feels better, should you get a chance to get there...we would be more than helpful to get you to classes without to much trouble. Siana pushed one lady around last year to all her classes. :cool:

Archived