Help from technical please.... laser not working

My laser light has decided to give up on me, and does not work from either the back or the front ports. I was hoping it was just the cable so off I went to Maplin electronics for a new cable, but they tested the old one for me and told me there is nothing wrong with it, so we opened up the laser light, and it looks like one of the metal terminals had come loose, but as one came out, I don't know how it is supposed to go back in.....

can anyone in technical - Amy or Mark help me, and maybe advise or post a photograph of how the terminals inside the laser pen thingy are supposed to look? I will email Amy direct too, and see if I can get some help, but if anyone else has had this problem before if you know what I need to do, I would appreciate some help.

I am worried I will be out of action as I need my laser as most of my work is panto based....

Thanks

Originally posted by Bekah

Sorry I can't help you. I am sure that someone from technical will get back to you quickly. They are always so good about that. If Barb M weren't in Australia she probably would have an answer. Good luck.

Hopefully Dawn has resolved Janette's issue by now! My suggestion from Australia (at least to hold you over until Dawn gets it all fixed;)) is to find an inexpensiveafter-market laser that you can strap to your original laser. You might have to tape down the button that turns it on, and it will eat thru the batteries, but you can at least quilt. You'll have a cat-teaser left over at the end....

That's the best I can do from "down under".....;)

thanks for all the advice, I have a pen laser pointer from a while ago, that I may be able to use as an emergency (if I can find where my son has filed it !!!!)

It doesn't take a battery, although it looks like originally it was designed to take a battery, as there is a battery spring inside, but feel it has been adapted to work from power drawn from the machine, there is a button which is permanantly held down by the white plastic collar around the laser pointer. Great what you find out in the taking of things apart.

Thanks Dawn, I look forward to getting your photo when you are in today, as this will be so helpful, and if that fails, then I will be needing a replacement.

Many thanks all.

Archived