new forum??

Spammers are going to find a way in no matter what...it is what they live to do. I usually can tell by the title of the post as to whether or not I want to go into that thread. It is annoying but it is what it is. If APQS would implements a pre-approval to become a new user that would likely stop the most of it. You can ask for a statement as to why you want to join the forum and it is usually pretty easy to weed out those that don't really quilt or need to be in our world :P.

As I understand it the problem with transitioning to the new forum was losing all the valuable data already in our archives. That is a lot of data to migrate over to a whole new system, keeping all the pictures and posts must be a massive job!

Is the other forum for longarmers? What is the name of it or the web address? I don't mind paying if it is worth it. It would be pretty hard to beat this one. I love all the sharing and caring on this forum. Everyone on here is very sincere when they post. It's like one big, happy family. Love ya all!!

Hi Gang,

We're close! Hoping to debut the new Forum within the next several days. It has lots of great functionality, and will require a little patience as we all learn new ways to do old, familiar tasks. But I think you'll love it!

And it does have a great spam filter, but you are right in that they will still find a way around those safeguards if they are persistent enough.

I'm glad you're simply ignoring them and are sticking around to share what really matters. :) We'll keep whacking them!

Archived