No beep-beep

Suzan...you will never believe this happened to me too, just the other day, Thursday....Like you say, just the blinking light and it was very strange! My Millie sent me to Coventry????

Next day she had her voice back as usual and all was fine with the world again.....but it was very strange all the same and I am wondering what caused it????

Sometimes I wish I could silence the beep, but it is always comforting to know it is there. Sounds strange when you hear other machines without it and makes you wonder are they stiching non regulated?

After our Machine Quilting Festival last week I am wondering why some machines you have to switch down the speed to SID?????? :wacko:

If you work out why the beep has stopped please let me know so I can silence mine.

Marlene

As Dawn stated, the beep is a safety feature so you don't stitch over something you don't want to (blood is so hard to get out of fabric! :wacko:). APQS would never recommend you to silence the chirp, but you can mute it a bit with a few wraps of electrical tape around the chirp box. It's under the hood towards the back.

That said, the reason it makes you crazy is you really only hear it when you stop to think about your next move! It's off when you finish a pass or need to tie off. But when you're thinking it's very distracting. So, when you stop to think just turn it off with the touch of a button. If you start with your needle down, it will be down when you stop and then it's easy to plan your next move, push two buttons, and continue your stitching.

This advice from an oldie who finds the chirp to be music to her ears!

Archived