nqr - an unbelieveable price

We have a 25 year old refridge - top freezer that is going, going, 'bout gone. Well we went Monday to Sears to shop for another. I had already gone online and picked the one I wanted and the price was like the down payment on a house!!!

Well, when we first got up the stairs and turned the corner there were the clearance appliances. I always have to see if there is a bargin and......there was a side-by-side 25 CuF stainless steel ice in the door fridge for $626 dollars. I almost lost my teeth. Yes, I wanted the newer looking models with the freezer at the bottom but that would have cost 4X what this one costs. God is good and knows I am po.

Good luck shopping. Every $ you save can then be spent on fabric!

Lucky you, Sylvia!!! You will enjoy that refrigerator way more than the costly one because you know what a deal it was!!!

Our last refrig purchase was after we remodeled our kitchen. The folks that installed the cabinets were terrible and didn't allow us room for the refrigerator we had picked out and we had to send that one back and spent $2600 to get a refrigerator to fit. The same thing happened with the dishwasher, too! We had to buy an expensive Bosch dishwasher (though I do love it, it is so quiet) because it was the only one we could find in the same kind of stainless steel to match the other appliances we purchased. Less than a year later Sears had our $2600 refrigerator marked down to $800. Needless to say, I was ticked! (and po! LOL)

Let me let you in on a secret ,for many years Sears was my most dependable option for my location for service needs on my appliances so not too long ago I noticed my frig was not staying cold then a couple days later I noticed the freezer was thawing also so I pulled out my owners manual since original warranty run out many years ago ,upon reading the very fine print in the owners manual I noticed motors and compressors were covered for 10 years so I told my dh it would be worth having it look at after I got a servere sticker shock on the new prices of the same similar frig. ,I am also limited to size so not many options out there so when I called Sears about a service call price they told me I could buy another warranty for 258.00 and it would cover the service call and parts on this service call so I paid it over the phone and set it all up with the same phone call because I really thought my frig was toast ,it turned out to be a simple relay but his total charge to come to my house and fix it was more than the 258.00 I paid over the phone and if it had not been repairable they would have issued me a 500 dollor credit towards a new one so it was a win win for me .

Sylvia--well done!! I bought one of the bottom drawer freezer type refrigerators when we built this house ten years ago and like you said, "the price was like a down payment on a house." Plus the thing was stainless steel and showed every fingerprint, every spot. It DIED 10 years after I bought it! I did the same thing you did, walked into Best Buy intending to purchase another one, saw a side by side with a look alike stainless finish that DOESN'T spot and I love it--best of all--it was less than half the price of the bottom drawer freezer ones.

Well, you guys, now I am inspired! I am a retired teacher so therefore I get my COLA through my 13th check at Christmas. That is how I buy things like furniture, big ass TVs, and appliances. (Last year we built a back porch.) I will start watching for scratch and dent and "last year's models" because this is the first time I have felt the dollar difference! Heidi, I didn't want the side-by-side because of the small fridge side space but for the money I think I can make out!

Archived